Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The further people politically move from moderacy the more people lie
The further people politically move from moderacy the more people lie
Christians lie...Constantly and the more fundamentalist they are the more shameless they are. Ditto Muslims..actually even more so Muslims.

In the same vent people extremist of the left or right lie and the further they are from moderacy the more they lie and the more shamelessly they lie.

Political extremists act just like Religious people in so many ways. Venerating books, worshiping leaders, conducting inquisitions,denouncing rival extremists over trivial points of dissension, Advocating simplistic views which ascribe all ills to one cause and can never see politics essentially about making tradeoffs.
RE: The further people politically move from moderacy the more people lie
(December 28, 2013 at 1:28 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: Christians lie...Constantly and the more fundamentalist they are the more shameless they are. Ditto Muslims..actually even more so Muslims.

In the same vent people extremist of the left or right lie and the further they are from moderacy the more they lie and the more shamelessly they lie.

Political extremists act just like Religious people in so many ways. Venerating books, worshiping leaders, conducting inquisitions,denouncing rival extremists over trivial points of dissension, Advocating simplistic views which ascribe all ills to one cause and can never see politics essentially about making tradeoffs.

Citation needed.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 28, 2013 at 1:28 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: Christians lie...Constantly and the more fundamentalist they are the more shameless they are. Ditto Muslims..actually even more so Muslims.

Dude that's life
I am expressing an opinion you are free to disagree. I cannot supply a peer reviewed monograph to support my position
There is actually an interesting study that suggested that political extremists in the United States have higher IQs than their moderate counterparts.
http://anepigone.blogspot.com/2008/11/po...crats.html

When adjusted for race Democrats and Republicans have equal IQs, but when adjusted for moderates compared to those who identify as either extremely liberal or extremely conservative the moderates come up short by a statistically significant margin. Of course all these studies need to be read into to really understand them, but it is an interesting finding.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 28, 2013 at 2:51 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: I am expressing an opinion you are free to disagree. I cannot supply a peer reviewed monograph to support my position

No, you made a factual claim. And now you want to escape the burden of proof by calling it "an opinion." Back up your statement, or shove your opinion up your ass. You're essentially claiming that I am likely to lie more than the average person. In addition to being insulting and apparently unfounded, I have an alternative explanation which explains your perception without resorting to the explanation that non-moderates lie more frequently.

Back up your claim or fuck the hell off.

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." ~ Christopher Hitchens

(December 28, 2013 at 3:06 pm)rasetsu Wrote: No, you made a factual claim..

No

Quote: And now you want to escape the burden of proof by calling it "an opinion."

Wrong again. Its an opinion. Deal with it

Quote: Back up your statement, or shove your opinion up your ass.

Why? Its a fact that its my opinion.

Quote: You're essentially claiming that I am likely to lie more than the average person.

Are you a political extremist? What kind? You might be the rare type of extremist who doesn't.

Quote: In addition to being insulting and apparently unfounded, I have an alternative explanation which explains your perception without resorting to the explanation that non-moderates lie more frequently.

Then pray give it instead of wasting time trying to score points.

Quote:Back up your claim or fuck the hell off.

And you call me insulting? What are you going to do if I don't?
What I won't do is descend to your level of crude profanity. I don't 'do' flame wars or make pointless personal attacks.
(December 28, 2013 at 2:51 pm)là bạn điên Wrote:
(December 28, 2013 at 3:06 pm)rasetsu Wrote: No, you made a factual claim. And now you want to escape the burden of proof by calling it "an opinion."

[Image: fact.png]
Is the statement that, "The further people politically move from moderacy the more people lie" a statement about things that exist. People and their level of moderacy do exist. Is this a hypothetical fact? Yes it is.

[Image: claim.png]
Is this something you are asserting to be true where others may say it is not true? Yes, as already explained. It is a claim.

It's a claim about a fact, therefore, as stated, it is a factual claim, and you bear the burden of proving it. Maybe if you had said, "I believe that..." it would have been an opinion, but if all you're saying is that you believe it to be true, but have no evidence that it is true, I don't know why anybody should care. Religious twats like Buddhists and Christians are in the habit of claiming that things are such and so without having a valid reason for their belief, so why would I take your assertion any more seriously than, say, the "opinion" that a talking snake corrupted the seed of mankind? I wouldn't. That you seem to expect me to take you seriously when you mouth such moronic and unlikely tripe is typical of the religious who expect their "opinions" to be respected, even though they have nothing to back those "opinions" up with.

These are the accepted meanings of these words, you made a factual claim, and if you can't back it up with evidence, you can kindly sod off. I realize that as a Buddhist, you're probably challenged by word meanings, grammar, and, well, "reality," but do try to at least make the attempt to color within the lines, use accepted meanings of words and accepted epistemological practices, and not deal from your solopsistically stupid internal world of private meanings and non-standard practices. You sought this forum and its members out, and this is their expectation of you. If you wish to willfully disregard the feelings and expectations of the membership to pursue a slanderous agenda against people who are unlike you (non-moderates), do us all a favor and shut the hell up.

(December 28, 2013 at 4:02 pm)là bạn điên Wrote:
(December 28, 2013 at 3:06 pm)rasetsu Wrote: No, you made a factual claim..

No

Quote: And now you want to escape the burden of proof by calling it "an opinion."

Quote: Back up your statement, or shove your opinion up your ass.

Why? Its a fact that its my opinion.

Quote: You're essentially claiming that I am likely to lie more than the average person.

Are you a political extremist? What kind? You might be the rare type of extremist who doesn't.

Quote: In addition to being insulting and apparently unfounded, I have an alternative explanation which explains your perception without resorting to the explanation that non-moderates lie more frequently.

Then pray give it instead of wasting time trying to score points.

Quote:Back up your claim or fuck the hell off.

And you call me insulting? What are you going to do if I don't?
What I won't do is descend to your level of crude profanity. I don't 'do' flame wars or make pointless personal attacks.
Why not quote me as a classical case of extremism, Dien Bien Phu? I mean you've already called me every extremist epithet in your rabidly Conservative vocabulary. Big Grin
(December 28, 2013 at 2:51 pm)là bạn điên Wrote: I am expressing an opinion you are free to disagree. I cannot supply a peer reviewed monograph to support my position
I don't think anyone is really disagreeing here. It's just that, who cares? Most of us already know that politics and lies are blood brothers. Well, except for maybe the moderates as CapnAwesome pointed out. They're slow to catch on. Moderates usually seem to be more shocked than others when they finally realize the guy they voted for is the liar he always has been.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All Politicians Lie onlinebiker 23 1233 January 11, 2021 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do you think is Trump's next move? WinterHold 42 1789 October 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Buzzfeed reports Trump directed Cohen to lie to congress LadyForCamus 61 6475 January 26, 2019 at 5:49 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The further dumbing down of the POTUS Joods 6 897 September 20, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2621 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Mueller Makes The First Move Minimalist 31 4339 October 30, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2961 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  More stupid from Sessions: "gay people aren't protected from discrimination Foxaèr 10 5059 July 27, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Q: For US politically acute members. Gawdzilla Sama 7 814 April 25, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Jeanne
  Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually Aegon 73 9573 January 26, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok