Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Stewart Skewers Weather/News Shows
Jon Stewart Skewers Weather/News Shows
for their over the top coverage of Winter Storm Juno.

Hysterical. I recall watching some of the lampooned scenes and thinking "the Daily Show could have a field day with this."

Well.... he did.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/nbzjjh...ammergung-

Enjoy
RE: Jon Stewart Skewers Weather/News Shows
The sensationalism that the media uses to report anything is always nauseating. As if the lead up wasn't bad enough, the local channels had wall to wall coverage until 1pm yesterday to tell everyone what they knew by looking outside: "It wasn't as bad as predicted".

Media bullshit aside, I didn't mind most of the proactive measures taken although I think it was a mistake to shutdown the subways.
They're still doing it today. I watched CNN this am where they were in Boston reporting on the devastation of "Blizzard of 2015."

There was a leaning power line and a 25 ft break in the seawall. Two houses got some flooding.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The next bit in the que is even better....lol

"Drones Love Obama!"....."The more you know..."ROFLOL
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I remember in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy that he brought Samantha Bee out to do a parody of Mayor Bloomberg's signer. It was the funniest thing and, of course, the National Association for the Deaf sent a letter protesting. Fuckers are as bad as muslims it seems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Use This Song (Jon Lajoie) WinterHold 1 354 December 1, 2020 at 11:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  Game shows and BS superstition. Brian37 5 310 October 27, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
Wink Seth brings Jon Snow to a dinner party *Deidre* 2 574 July 4, 2018 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Kitten shows pitbull who's the boss! ignoramus 3 752 December 22, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  My Top 10 Educational Shows Mechaghostman2 6 1249 July 9, 2016 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Wholesome shows TheChrist 16 2317 July 31, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: TheChrist
  Best Educational Kids Shows? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 6 1490 July 25, 2015 at 12:56 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jon Stewart on The British Election Minimalist 12 1669 May 13, 2015 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Exian
  The Republicunts Never Want To Negotiate.....Jon Stewart Shows What They Do Want. Minimalist 4 1103 April 15, 2015 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  List the shows you watch Foxaèr 48 6214 March 10, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox