Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro
Intro
Hey, guys! I am 20 years old (male) lol Im majoring in philosophy and political science at the University of Florida. I am pre-law and plan to be an attorney. Im aiming for Harvard Law but I will settle for UC or Columbia. I would say I am intellectually eccentric. Essentially researching and reading as much of and whatever my heart desires. Research interests include but are not limited too, geo-politics, Israel-Palestinian conflict, everything having to do with economics, international relations, philosophy of religion, physics, sociology, financial systems, and great literature. My favs being Dostoevsky and Tolstoy.

I look forward to fruitful exchanges,
RE: Intro
Hello Smile
Hi there!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hello! Go Gators!

I would be a product of good 'ol G'ville except I wanted to play football. I would have been an special teams ace only had I been a Gator.

Look forward to your input!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I like the sound of your interests. I look forward to reading your contributions.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
Welcome
Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Ah, Gainesville, sigh. Only been there for a few weeks, but I miss stumbling over gators all day (there was one living in the puddle right across the physics main entrance), and Croutons, and that funny tiny mexican place, tienda latina. Red mole and green mole. yum. SIGH
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

it's always good to have a few friends among the would-be-law-manipulators. So Iam looking having forward to seeing more of you here.

Hi and Welcome
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Hiyas.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1199 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1731 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 997 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1877 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  intro JamieBra 28 5151 September 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1312 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 4980 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3861 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2428 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3350 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows