Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Links Within Signatures
Question 
Links Within Signatures
I did a search to see if this is addressed and was not successful. I have my own small forum based website that I often put within my signature when I am in other forums. Please advise if this is not allowed, I didn't see anything specifically banning the practice of putting links in sigs. Thanks.Smile
Auntie Kookoo
Disclaimer: Wacky
RE: Links Within Signatures
I would probably think that it would fall under the no advertising rule (until 30 days and posts), but you could still adjust the 'website' setting on your profile if you want.

That is: User CP ---> Edit Profile ---> "Your Website URL"

Kudos for actually reading the rules, and then asking for clarification when you weren't sure. Soooo many new members come in having obviously not read the rules these days.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Damn, there's rules?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(January 30, 2015 at 12:57 am)IATIA Wrote: Damn, there's rules?

Oh that's right! You were the guy who kept failing to meet his baby eating quota. I'd been wondering about that one.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
I made up for his lacking.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Damn dingos.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Is it a big problem to wait thirty days before adding links to your signature? Really?
We don't allow self promotion until you've met the minimum requirements.

This is because it's impolite to advertise yourself on a private forum when you have no intention of engaging with the membership and actually getting to know the community.

I'm 100% not accusing you of this, but you wouldn't believe the number of hit and runners we get with people who only care about self promotion. You won't see us going to other sites telling everyone to come here, so we expect (enforce) the same attitude with new members here. 30/30 really isn't that big a wait either.

Trust that clarifies, OP Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Thank you for your prompt responses, especially the silly ones. I adore silliness. To clarify a bit further, I can have the site listed in my profile until I have the 30/30 qualification, then begin my advertising blitz? Tongue Just kidding, dear ones.

This is a particularly nice place, I'm finding already. A bit posh with more features than I'm used to. And BIG, I haven't been a member of a site this large in years. Thank you for your lovely welcomes over in the introduction forum. Wink
Auntie Kookoo
Disclaimer: Wacky
Always happy to welcome new people to the fold buddy Smile

But yeah, when the 30/30 is through, go for it. You already seem like a normal person anyway so the 30/30 isn't really aimed at you, but we have to be consistent as I'm sure you can understand.

Whenever I see your name I just think of the Cosby bebop from YTMND:

Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: atheism source links Foxaèr 3 1093 April 28, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Browser links ignoramus 2 1056 December 23, 2017 at 3:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why won't my youtube links work? Succubus 18 2862 October 3, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Username change within 365 days Anomalocaris 9 2041 November 5, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Starting Threads with Links rexbeccarox 17 3594 October 6, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Posting Links in OP rexbeccarox 4 2234 July 21, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Nope
  Where are the links to the forum's privacy policy? Angrboda 9 3314 December 25, 2013 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Colorized author links Autumnlicious 0 1295 March 4, 2012 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Group Legend Links Loading Please Wait 0 1363 February 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Loading Please Wait
  Important Links and Reading List athoughtfulman 2 2535 March 31, 2009 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: athoughtfulman