Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You a Good Person?
Are You a Good Person?
I'm not really sure how to say what this is, except to say that I've been listening to *dozens* of episodes of Way of the Master (with Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort) and heard this technique so many time I've just been itching to respond.

The recipe is somewhat as follow:
1 Part serious analysis
1 Part flippancy
2 Parts sillyness

Shake and stir - and feel free to input how you would respond if Ray asked you these questions. (Template taken from Iron Chariots Wiki).

Original Content

My responses

Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
RE: Are You a Good Person?
In reality Jason it's just another Christians ploy to get you to acknowledge that you are a sinner and that you need Jesus.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Yes I know, but I've heard Ray espouse this nonsense soooo many times I was just aching for an outlet. Consider my post a creative outlet for all the nonsense I've heard come out of Ray's mouth for the past month Wink
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
I'm just really chuffed that someone has used my hide script Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Too funny Jason some people can be annoying.It happens I personally don't take too many of these ethereal and philosophical discussions too seriously.Philosophy to me is a waste of time most of the time so I dont bother with it any more.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(November 12, 2008 at 3:29 am)Darwinian Wrote: I'm just really chuffed that someone has used my hide script Smile

(November 12, 2008 at 12:40 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Too funny Jason some people can be annoying.It happens I personally don't take too many of these ethereal and philosophical discussions too seriously.Philosophy to me is a waste of time most of the time so I dont bother with it any more.
I've always been a big fan of philosophy and critical thinking, so I don't mind delving into Iron Chariots Wiki every now and then.
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
If you can't be good be good at it. That can be taken seriously or as a joke

but I would say atheists are more moral than theists

I am too good these days but that comes with maturity
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
(November 12, 2008 at 12:52 am)Jason Jarred Wrote: • Ap: If you were flying on a plane and knew it was going to crash and you had a parachute under your seat? What would you do?
o Un: I think the answer you want is “put it on”
• Ap: You wouldn't just believe in it, you'd put it on.
• Ap: Jesus is that parachute.
o Un: Wait a second… I “put on” Jesus? Isn’t that kinda….you know…gay?

<Awkward silence>
[/hide]
Ha, ha ha! That is funny! lmfao.
If jesus was a shark, human overpopulation wouldn't exist
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every person is religious Ahriman 289 11971 November 2, 2023 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: no one
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10174 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  You can be an immorale person and still promote christianity Kimba 12 1787 June 30, 2018 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10359 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  God is not a person, just a thermodynamically inefficient process. Ksa 17 4723 December 21, 2013 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  If you know a person was truthful his whole life and of high moral character... Mystic 36 22459 March 9, 2012 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Support for JC as a real person Rokcet Scientist 4 1662 December 10, 2011 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  How would you respond to a person killing someone else because God told him to? superstarr 53 22215 July 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Tried to argue with a crazy person... Rwandrall 28 14345 May 11, 2010 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Dotard
  Ill pretend to be a religious person Rwandrall 44 9993 March 29, 2010 at 9:33 am
Last Post: RedFish