Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mississippi On The Cutting Edge?
Mississippi On The Cutting Edge?
I never thought I'd see the day.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/missi...o-decades/

Quote:Mississippi has no religious exemption for vaccines — and hasn’t seen measles in over two decades

Who'd a thunk it?
RE: Mississippi On The Cutting Edge?
Whhaaaaaaaaaaaat Shock
Give credit where credit is do Thumb up
[Image: mind-blown-o.gif]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Well, there you have it!
West Virginia, too.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
There's a pattern to this vaccine resistance, though.

It's a new-agey trend among fucking yuppies who think that their woo-woo bullshit is real.

Dumb fucks like in Mississippi and W. Va. just do what they are told.
I'm surprised some of them don't see it as a big-bad government intrusion.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I bet you if Faux News told them about the "cumpulsory vaccination," they'd start howling from the hills (literally).

Same with WV laws of compulsory education. You have to send your kids to school, or face criminal penalties.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I saw this last week and it blew my mind. Maybe it has something to do with the fact their both dirt-poor and can't afford the consequences. Can't have anything to do with intelligence in those states.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
There's a current bill that is trying to grant just that kind of exception. I wouldn't be surprised if it passed. The MS GOP, which is essentially indistinguishable from the tea party, has been bellowing about "governmental intrusion" for several years now.

And, guys, please. Mississippi does have a lot of stupid, Bible-thumping, bigoted asshats, but every single person here isn't a poor, shoeless, dumb fuck.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mississippi valedictorian denied solo honor deluged with racist attacks Foxaèr 3 855 July 17, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Court Jester
  Doctor shot at Berlin - another one going over the edge abaris 8 1605 July 26, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  North Carolina, then Mississippi, now Tennessee pass anti lgbt laws Phosphorescent Panties 48 5206 July 21, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  You Can't Boycott Mississippi Minimalist 10 1249 June 21, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Mississippi in the shitter Foxaèr 2 773 April 2, 2014 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Fred Phelps "on the edge of death" Cyberman 99 15986 March 21, 2014 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: StuW