Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mississippi valedictorian denied solo honor deluged with racist attacks
Mississippi valedictorian denied solo honor deluged with racist attacks
Quote:The Internet was outraged after a Black valedictorian in Mississippi was forced to share the stage with a white counterpart who had a lower GPA — but some were outraged for more nefarious reasons.

According to the Daily Mail, Jasmine Shepard, who was her school’s first black valedictorian, has been the target of racist attacks for her and her family’s insistence that she be retroactively given the sole honor of valedictorian.

The family’s JusticeForJasmine Facebook page, meant as a rallying point for Sherpard’s supporters, has also become a venue for racists intent on cutting the shafted valedictorian down even further.

“Stop playing the “I’M BLACK SO I’M SPECIAL” card and put on your grown-up pants,” one hateful Facebook user posted.

“You’re simply butthurt that another student is white and you feel like you deserve special attention simply based on the color of your skin,” another said. Along with multiple uses of racial slurs, one user even claimed that “Black lives don’t mean sh**”

Despite the hatred, Shepard responded bravely to the abuse.

“Throughout my life, my parents shielded me from (such) behavior,” she wrote on Facebook. “But now I see that I will have to face this head on.”

“You can send me these types of messages but those sentiments will not be returned,” she concluded.

Along with raising awareness online about their plight, Shepard and her family are also suing their Cleveland, Mississippi school district over the incident.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/black-li...t-attacks/

Poor girl.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Mississippi valedictorian denied solo honor deluged with racist attacks
The price of living in the south..... or the north, truth be told.

Way too many trumptards out there.
LOL, pretty messed up that the one with the higher GPA is the one being called the special little snowflake.

Fucking Facebook. SMFH.
Sounds like her response to stupid was pretty damn good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Covid and the attacks on Asian people no one 35 1454 February 27, 2022 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 574 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Macron begins to retreat from his racist, xenophobic statements about Islam WinterHold 17 656 November 1, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Maths is racist! Who knew? ignoramus 27 989 July 1, 2020 at 5:52 am
Last Post: GUBU
  So the way to honor our military is to do what? Brian37 9 1125 November 19, 2018 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "Arab/wearing veil?we have no table for you...". Paris racist restaurant WinterHold 25 3202 May 23, 2018 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Racist Moms Teach Kids How To Vandalize Mosque chimp3 5 722 March 14, 2018 at 10:20 pm
  Gay couples denied full marriage benefits in Texas Aoi Magi 18 2792 December 8, 2017 at 4:12 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Teen golfer placed 1st in golf tournament, denied the trophy because she's a girl Divinity 14 1677 October 27, 2017 at 11:09 pm
  Racist letter sent to day care center Catholic_Lady 51 8519 October 11, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: John V