Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Freedom!
My Freedom!
For about the last few months I've been wanting to move back to New England and have been searching for a job remotely. I didn't want to stress myself out about it too much, but being here in Florida made it significantly more difficult to find a willing employer.

Well, last month I managed to get a call from a very promising company for a position relating to electrical / electronics engineering (I went to trade school for it). After the first interview they offered to fly me up to CT on their dime to interview me!

Well just heard back this morning and I GOT the job and it pays low to mid 20's which is pretty decent and definitely livable in CT!

I'm very excited and will be getting a call from the big guy tomorrow morning to discuss the details of my position.

This is great because I'll be able to smoothly transition from my job to the next without a gap in pay (and I won't have to live at my mother's for long LOL). I have a POD ready and I'm just waiting for the green light!
RE: My Freedom!
Moving from Florida to New England in the grips of a dreadful winter.

Hmmmm, balls of steel this one has.

ROFLOL
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 6, 2015 at 12:20 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Moving from Florida to New England in the grips of a dreadful winter.

Hmmmm, balls of steel this one has.

ROFLOL

March 27th actually :-)
*fist bump*
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Awesome! Haven't seen you around lately. I was just perusing your user map the other day, and thought, hm, wonder where wolf's at?

Jesus must have whispered into your ear.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Awesome sauce, Wolf Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(February 6, 2015 at 12:34 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Awesome! Haven't seen you around lately. I was just perusing your user map the other day, and thought, hm, wonder where wolf's at?

Jesus must have whispered into your ear.

I got pretty obsessed with City Data lol.

No I'm still around, I just haven't been devoting too much time here. But I've been lurking!
(February 6, 2015 at 12:20 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Moving from Florida to New England in the grips of a dreadful winter.
ROFLOL

It's still an improvement. Florida is fucking crazy.

Congrats, man.
That sounds wonderful! Congratulations Big Grin
That's brilliant! Way to go Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A feeling of freedom. Frank Apisa 6 657 June 27, 2021 at 7:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Bald Eagle aka freedom bird Richi29 10 682 July 24, 2020 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Side effects of total freedom. purplepurpose 18 2040 December 10, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Op/ed the "freedom" dodge Brian37 14 4108 December 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Truth of the Universe, freedom is the cataylst of live or death mregypt123 30 5354 August 16, 2011 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Epimethean