Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two babies discussion.
Two babies discussion.
In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?” The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one has ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”
RE: Two babies discussion.
Are we supposed to take this analogy seriously? Or shall I just make jokes. Because I could make a lot of jokes on this one.
"I'm still waiting for that dick to come back."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'm probably not being "open minded" enough, but I'm skeptical that conversation took place.
Right. I hope there was no actual point trying to be made with this, because what appears to be the point is absolutely nonsensical.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
We should send a deep space probe to ECO 456-67 to see if there's any truth to this:

[Image: th?id=HN.608022255508457423&w=172&h=168&...=4&pid=1.7]
I think this metaphor for life and the afterlife would be more apt if there was only one lonely baby going "Huh?"
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Pretty smart babies. They've evolved language and a material world view without ever leaving the womb? Clever!
And yet, the first baby is still more reasonable than the second, since they're basing their opinions on evidence. Wink Shades

EDIT: And for the story to have legs, what is the first baby's punishment for not believing?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
"Mom, Davey's hogging the placenta!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 453 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4621 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Old threads of discussion I have had. Mystic 125 16615 April 3, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Two scenarios that may/may not happen. RayOfLight 85 17012 November 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  The reason why religious people think we eat babies rado84 59 6706 December 3, 2016 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three) Little Rik 3049 361485 April 11, 2016 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The flame between two darknesses: A celebration of reality FebruaryOfReason 10 4624 March 23, 2016 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here. Mystic 99 23897 January 11, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Two Catagories? - not sexy this post. Goosebump 9 1849 December 24, 2015 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12221 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA