Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Catagories? - not sexy this post.
Two Catagories? - not sexy this post.
In the atheist forums atheism category, I find that most discussions are requests to defend atheism or defend against its definition as a religion or other tom foolery of a similar nature. Much of this is repetitive or clearly “trolling”. Yet these discussions go on and on. Only to be repeated later after the old threads have died out, usually after several pages of posts, some productive most trolling or responses to trolls.

Therefore I wonder if it wouldn’t be more productive to split the atheist category into two. I’m kinda low on the IQ scale so wouldn't presume what to call them. But my initial idea would be something like “Atheist / Agnostic Arguments Against” and then just the general “Questions about Atheist / Agnostic Thinking” I’m sure somebody could think of something much better.

Either way I find to much of the attention is placed on refuting trolls and to little placed on just clarification. Just looking for input to the idea. Thanks!
"I'm thick." - Me
RE: Two Catagories? - not sexy this post.
(December 24, 2015 at 1:30 am)Goosebump Wrote: In the atheist forums atheism category, I find that most discussions are requests to defend atheism or defend against its definition as a religion or other tom foolery of a similar nature. Much of this is repetitive or clearly “trolling”. Yet these discussions go on and on. Only to be repeated later after the old threads have died out, usually after several pages of posts, some productive most trolling or responses to trolls.

Therefore I wonder if it wouldn’t be more productive to split the atheist category into two. I’m kinda low on the IQ scale so wouldn't presume what to call them. But my initial idea would be something like “Atheist / Agnostic Arguments Against” and then just the general “Questions about Atheist / Agnostic Thinking” I’m sure somebody could think of something much better.

Either way I find to much of the attention is placed on refuting trolls and to little placed on just clarification. Just looking for input to the idea. Thanks!

Haha, yeah well a lot of people here just want those cheap kudos that come from replying to troll topics. It's easier then doing deep thinking.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
So it's just a silly social status thing? Oh well, sorry I even offered the idea. Thanks I'll try again when I have a thousand kudo bucks. Can close this thread now.
"I'm thick." - Me
We could further split it into "stupid arguments against atheism" and "good arguments against atheism". And then simply delete the second one because it is unused anyhow.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Kudoses are fun. If trollfaced trolls are gonna troll like trolling trollfaces we may as well benefit from kudoses when they spray their evil troll fluids all around.
ehh, I'm not exactly a forum regular, but I think having too many subsections will make it ... less than fortuitous to find relevant and fresh articles. Better to have a few main forums. Just my 2c.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Umm you expect trolls to actually post in correct sections?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

What's to clarify other than I'm not atheist, I just don't believe. What I am is defined by other and more important factors.

If the religious folks dropping by here are too dense to get that simple fact, it's their problem, not mine.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I'm confused with the "not sexy this post" part in the thread title lol.
Considering this is an atheist forum, I do not see much need for a split in the atheist thread itself.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4599 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Two scenarios that may/may not happen. RayOfLight 85 16956 November 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three) Little Rik 3049 361097 April 11, 2016 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The flame between two darknesses: A celebration of reality FebruaryOfReason 10 4619 March 23, 2016 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12101 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Two babies discussion. Mystic 213 30599 February 24, 2015 at 8:34 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  There are two misstakes in the title of this thread. Whateverist 10 2171 October 18, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
Information Two Years Later,Indian Skeptic Who Debunked a “Miracle” is Still in Exile in Finland MountainsWinAgain 2 1300 June 4, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Two consenting adults, including relatives? Chad32 99 18779 December 8, 2013 at 5:09 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Two studies of Atheism and Theism. Mystic 33 10847 April 5, 2013 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic