Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old threads of discussion I have had.
Old threads of discussion I have had.
Instead of rinse and repeat, I'm going to go through some old discussions we have had.

Some people wonder about these "proofs" I talk about it.

This was the moon light value thing discussion.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-40867.html

I feel it was well presented.  And well defended it.  

I will post more.
RE: Old threads of discussion I have had.
Yeah...this is the definition of rinse and repeat. Post something new.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This was I think the first version of the seeing argument:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-45728.html

Didn't have a much of a debate there though, I don't believe, was busy at that time.
Rinse and repeat.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
MK, you got trounced in every single one of those threads. Not just because your arguments weren't sound, but because many of them weren't even recognizable as arguments. There's a popular definition of insanity that you may recall.

If nothing else, absorb that your opinion of your own performance is not necessarily accurate. Have some humility for a change.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(April 2, 2018 at 5:39 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: MK, you got trounced in every single one of those threads. Not just because your arguments weren't sound, but because many of them weren't even recognizable as arguments. There's a popular definition of insanity that you may recall.

If nothing else, absorb that your opinion of your own performance is not necessarily accurate. Have some humility for a change.

It's odd, believers see the same arguments, and think they are wonderful. 

Atheistforums is not the population of the world. Smile
I doubt that you've convinced a single christian.  Even your conciliation prize is a self-sold lie.

-you can't even convince people who already believe....what the fuck is up with that...?
How about this? Make an argument for something besides God. Heck, make an argument for something we all accept, even you. Say, argue that physics is real or that it is better to be moral than to be a murderer.

maybe in a more neutral discussion, you won't be so hostile to honest feedback.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(April 2, 2018 at 5:13 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Instead of rinse and repeat, I'm going to go through some old discussions we have had.

Some people wonder about these "proofs" I talk about it.

This was the moon light value thing discussion.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-40867.html

I feel it was well presented.  And well defended it.  

I will post more.

I don't get it. If something is old, it means it is well worn. How is that not repeating? I am not saying you cant bring up old topics, but they still are just that. I am sure asking my high school crush Ann McCarthy is possible if I could find her, but odds are she'd say the same thing "NO".
From the 1st thread, I find this key:

Quote:Now this explanation of the name of God/face of God the true reality of the human being, how can we know it to be true? This takes sincere reflection upon which we realize that value is not something we simply make up or biological brain assigns and maintains.

I think this beyond evident.  

See the thread for the discussion on the details of that.

It was good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 444 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1927 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3183 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2486 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I wish I had yall on Facebook mlmooney89 115 16484 August 5, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 12577 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  An Intersting conversation I had with a Creationist friend of mine. TanithDaUnicorn 39 5865 February 14, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Mock dialogue of the Theist/Atheist discussion here. Mystic 99 23859 January 11, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Saluting all the good and great theists we have had on this site. Whateverist 103 16812 November 6, 2015 at 7:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I had to link this Manowar 17 3818 September 19, 2015 at 1:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus