Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So did Atheism + bite the dust?
So did Atheism + bite the dust?
It seems so --- unless I'm mistaken, a lot of Feminazi Social Justice Warriors tried to hijack the Atheist community and it got ugly; but it seems that it's gone now and things reverted to the way they were.

Is it?
RE: So did Atheism + bite the dust?
Your use of the term 'feminazi' prohibits my taking you seriously. Try again. Or not, I really don't care.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 8, 2015 at 8:28 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Your use of the term 'feminazi' prohibits my taking you seriously. Try again. Or not, I really don't care.

Boru

Why? Were you a part of Atheism +?
Femenazi. Yes, because women wanting equality is equivalent to genocide.
(February 8, 2015 at 8:58 am)Nell Wrote: Femenazi. Yes, because women wanting equality is equivalent to genocide.

A Feminist is someone who wants equality. A Social Justice Warrior Feminist has been dubbed a 'Feminazi' and they are often loud, rue and man-haters.

Clearly the Nazi comparison isn't literal...
Well, if you go to FSTDT there are quotes that justify the usage of the word 'feminazi', like this .

That said, I really don't know much about atheism+ but from what I gathered it used to be full of people who took themselves a bit too seriously and could not accept points of view different to their own. But I've never been there and I have no idea what kind of shit went down.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
There are always going to be extremists in any group. Perhaps the OP would like to start a discussion by pointing out which particular issues he disagreed with Atheism + .
I don't like the use of the word nazi in any circumstance because it equates insignificant behaviour with Aryan white supremacy - It can be used if it is a reference to actual nazis. Much like I don't like the word fascist being thrown around just for the sake of, for example - Calling someone a bigot.

I don't have knowledge of anyone hijacking the atheist community like that, but could you explain more?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(February 8, 2015 at 9:38 am)Nope Wrote: There are always going to be extremists in any group. Perhaps the OP would like to start a discussion by pointing out which particular issues he disagreed with Atheism + .

This is like looking at a pile of shit and registering a complaint about a single molecule. The following link is a nice summary with links to detailed history and examples of how fucked up these people are for those that have no idea of what's being discussed.

http://www.skepticink.com/avant-garde/20...-atheists/
Well, that's one HUGE pile of shit
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1459 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  When and where did atheism first start ? hindu 99 9084 July 16, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: comet
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27108 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12468 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12147 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10476 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12006 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38078 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack