Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr Deity's response to Chapel Hill.......
Mr Deity's response to Chapel Hill.......

Yes blast the idea that religion brings peace. Blast the scientifically absurd claims religions make. Blast the idea that there is a "chosen people". Blast the idea that a label makes you the patent holder of all human morality. HAVE AT IT.

But, no matter your label, we are human beings first, and there is absolutely NO EXCUSE to get violent over being offended, or getting violent merely because you do not like the existence of someone else.
RE: Mr Deity's response to Chapel Hill.......
Jerkoff
(February 13, 2015 at 12:57 pm)Drich Wrote: Jerkoff

Do it in your church, little man.
Like I said elsewhere, disable his emoticons and it will help hmi seem like less of a tool.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(February 13, 2015 at 1:19 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Like I said elsewhere, disable his emoticons and it will help hmi seem like less of a tool.

I doubt it.
As to the tragedy in Chapel Hill, if the victims were reversed, many of the same people who are trying to link the murders to Hicks being an atheist would be trying to link it to Deah being a Muslim. Either one should not be a presumption just because the killer is one thing and the victim(s) is(are) another. People in different groups can kill each other for other reasons than group identity.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Such a response is to be expected from you. Care to elaborate or is that emoticon the extent of your ability to communicate whatever little is going on upstairs?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
It looks like it was over a parking lot although it wouldn't surprise me if the victim's religion played a part. From what I have observed online, there is a lot of hatred and fear of Muslims and a few people don't make the distinction between disagreeing with religion and hating the practitioners of that religion. I read one news article that stated that Hicks had a previous encounter with the victims over the fact that they got to loud while playing the game of Risks. He apparently pulled a gun during that encounter but, for whatever reason, no one called the cops.
I made a response to this as well on my YouTube. Needless to say, if there was a hell, I think he should burn for at least 1,000 years. Too bad hell is fake though.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3

Really? Why do you disagree? No one deserves to die because of their faith or to be killed over a disagreement. I would think that you also would agree with the overall sentiments in the video

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Katie Hill Resigns onlinebiker 84 2995 November 21, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Shell B
  James Gunn: what is your response to him being fired? Foxaèr 28 2775 August 3, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  U.S. Warns North Korea Of Overwhelming Response A Theist 30 2821 February 5, 2017 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Bart Ehrman May Shed Light on the Christian Response to Charleston, South Carolina Rhondazvous 10 3192 June 21, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Sam Harris on Chapel Hill murders. Brian37 0 585 February 18, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Woman explains Jordan's response. Brian37 23 3186 February 10, 2015 at 5:37 am
Last Post: robvalue