Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Gunn: what is your response to him being fired?
James Gunn: what is your response to him being fired?
Quote:James Gunn Fired From ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Franchise Over Offensive Tweets

James Gunn has been removed as director of the Guardians Of The Galaxy series after a batch of old social media dispatches were unearthed that touched on areas like pedophilia and rape. In the latest shocking #metoo development in the entertainment industry, Gunn was severed from the Marvel Comics Universe after a slew of social media posts he wrote before getting Guardians of the Galaxy surfaced.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/james-gunn-...202430392/

What say you?
RE: James Gunn: what is your response to him being fired?
I'd like to say James who but you fuckin made me look him up.

Over reaction, but it is Disney after all. The US is turning strange, and not in a good way. 

Can I have his balls if they're not going to let him use them? I have this Snow White "action figure" and .....................
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Don't see how Disney could keep him on after seeing those.
I think it's over blown really but i think they made only call they could and even Gunn himself agrees he should have been fired . 

1. The jokes were a decade  old and as awful as they are they clearly are not meant to be taken seriously .And he's already condemned them so what more can we ask of him ?

2. And unlike says Rosseane Barr who has a decade long spree of comparing black women to monkey's and other clearly racist tweets and not even in the context of really bad humor .His jokes are clearly not personally held opinions even if they are really really bad . 

3.And i don't believe for second Disney didn't know about them .But i do find it ironic that Disney of all companies is chewing someone out for being offensive .And the person exposing these tweets is a  rape apologist .Just pointing that out .

[Image: aristocats-chinese-chopsticks-cat-main.jpg]

[Image: Dumbo-disneyscreencaps_com-5974.jpg]

[Image: 049b6f86-bf6f-4b6d-8857-695dda5557f6-206...d16836fc26]
I think Disney ought to be careful about digging up offense stuff from the past
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

You will pay for what you say on social media. Disney has a family reputation they must uphold. I do think the finalGuardians movie will probably suffer for it, but if you are a high profile person, the lesson is, behave. Well, except for those who get away with it....

I do find it really sad that this was clearly not a case of someone actually causing harm. And the people who dug it up and reported on it actively defend someone who has actually sexually assaulted more than one person, so this was a case of being vindictive, not taking actual offense or trying to actually improve society or make the world a better place. Ironically, while trying to prove liberals to be hypocrites, they show themselves to be the biggest hypocrites of all.

owadays tasteless jokes are apparently worse than grabbing a womans pussy. For certain demographics, anyway.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Not to mention the person who dug it up is a known rape apologist .This is clearly an attempt to silence people who criticize him for his awful comments like .

Quote:A whore will let her friend ruin your life with a false rape case. So why should I care when women are raped?

Quote:Fat/ugly women seek out dominant men to abuse them. Then they seek sympathy from others. "He's so mean.". Hence why women troll Twitter.

Quote:How to tell if someone is a true player? There's a 100% chance he's had a pregnancy scare, and a 25% chance he's had a false rape scare.

Quote:It's also anti-rape game. After abusing a girl, I always immediately send a text and save her reply

Quote:The hotter the sex, the more closely it resembles rape.

Yeah this Guy is totally on the moral high ground
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Seems pretty in line with the image Disney is trying to maintain. They aren't the edgy, push-the-envelope humor creators that Adult Swim is for example. Someone dug up an old tasteless video that Dan Harmon (Rick and Morty) did a while ago, and Adult Swim just said that Harmon understands that type of thing wouldn't fly on their network, but is fine with keeping him.

Disney doesn't want to be even peripherally associated with that sorta thing if they want to keep their family friendly image, so they gave Gunn the boot. Did they know about those tweets? Absolutely. But the public largely didn't, so it's only when they're put in the spotlight that they needed to act.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(July 24, 2018 at 10:15 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Seems pretty in line with the image Disney is trying to maintain.  They aren't the edgy, push-the-envelope humor creators that Adult Swim is for example.  Someone dug up an old tasteless video that Dan Harmon (Rick and Morty) did a while ago, and Adult Swim just said that Harmon understands that type of thing wouldn't fly on their network, but is fine with keeping him.  

Disney doesn't want to be even peripherally associated with that sorta thing if they want to keep their family friendly image, so they gave Gunn the boot.  Did they know about those tweets? Absolutely.  But the public largely didn't, so it's only when they're put in the spotlight that they needed to act.
Which is odd considering this is a company that use to try an sneak  sexual innuendo  into their cartoons

Inuit Proverb

(July 24, 2018 at 10:21 am)Tizheruk Wrote:
(July 24, 2018 at 10:15 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Seems pretty in line with the image Disney is trying to maintain.  They aren't the edgy, push-the-envelope humor creators that Adult Swim is for example.  Someone dug up an old tasteless video that Dan Harmon (Rick and Morty) did a while ago, and Adult Swim just said that Harmon understands that type of thing wouldn't fly on their network, but is fine with keeping him.  

Disney doesn't want to be even peripherally associated with that sorta thing if they want to keep their family friendly image, so they gave Gunn the boot.  Did they know about those tweets? Absolutely.  But the public largely didn't, so it's only when they're put in the spotlight that they needed to act.
Which is odd considering this is a company that use to try an sneak  sexual innuendo  into their cartoons

Eh, hiding some winks to adults in their family movies is one thing, Gunn's stuff is more than a few steps above that.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I think the guardians of the galaxy are pretty crap films so I don't really care who gets fired from them.  From what I read about the situation it says some internet trolls dug up the tweets from ages ago,  Firing him seems harsh assuming he hasn't done any other weird things that point to him actually committing a sexual offense or something, I'd probably care if I liked the films or knew who this man was.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 640 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  All the god-ding in the world couldn't fix him arewethereyet 17 1296 May 12, 2021 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 2842 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1484 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Rex Tillerson Blocked Saudi, U.A.E. from invading Qatar, promptly fired by Trump ReptilianPeon 0 202 August 11, 2018 at 3:23 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  This Is Not The Way To Stop Him From Incriminating Himself Minimalist 13 988 August 8, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Go Get Him, Boys. Earn Your Keep! Minimalist 4 561 June 15, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Maybe She Wised-Up and Left Him? Minimalist 21 2261 May 25, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  You Know What? Fuck Him. Minimalist 8 978 May 25, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  James Holland dies at 92 Foxaèr 0 304 April 1, 2018 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Foxaèr