Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Warns North Korea Of Overwhelming Response
U.S. Warns North Korea Of Overwhelming Response
A warning of consequences if North Korea chooses to use nuclear weapons against South Korea and the U.S. ...This is no longer the former Obama administration's foreign affairs appeasement policy.

"U.S. warns North Korea of 'overwhelming' response if nuclear arms used" - Reuters

Quote:U.S. President Donald Trump's defense secretary warned North Korea on Friday of an "effective and overwhelming" response if it chose to use nuclear weapons, as he reassured South Korea of steadfast U.S. support.

"Any attack on the United States, or our allies, will be defeated, and any use of nuclear weapons would be met with a response that would be effective and overwhelming," Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said at South Korea's defense ministry, at the end of a two-day visit.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-southk...SKBN15I060
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: U.S. Warns North Korea Of Overwhelming Response
yeh, warning a hard-headed ego-maniac dictator out of the blue is so very helpful
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(February 3, 2017 at 10:02 am)A Theist Wrote: A warning of consequences if North Korea chooses to use nuclear weapons against South Korea and the U.S. ...This is no longer the former Obama administration's foreign affairs appeasement policy.

"U.S. warns North Korea of 'overwhelming' response if nuclear arms used" - Reuters
[...]

Oh, my... If North Korea starts misbehaving and chucking all of them nukes at US, like they've clearly been doing for the past 8 years - Trump might "put them on notice"...  Rolleyes

This, along with the dumb wall, muslim ban and whatever else the p*ssygrabber's been up to for the past two weeks - those are all just empty gestures, with the only aim being appeasement of Drumpf*cks. Enjoy the honeymoon, while it lasts...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Fucking orange twat. He's just itching to use nukes, isn't he. Has he got a fetish or something?

Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry
Sum ergo sum
AT, do you have a source to support your implicit claim that it was the Obama administration's policy to not respond in an "effective and overwhelming" way to a N. Korean nuclear attack against the U.S. or S. Korea? Or are you just squatting and pretending to take a shit?
You think they don't know already? I mean, sure, they do repeatedly threaten the south, but at this point, it's largely a dick-waving contest, and it seems like it would practically be a given that if they actually hit South Korea, that would mean the Korean Armistice Agreement is null and void, and, given that, in practice, it seems South Korea is better equipped, it's safe to say that if a single shell hits South Korean soil, North Korea... won't exist for much longer.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 3, 2017 at 10:27 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Fucking orange twat. He's just itching to use nukes, isn't he. Has he got a fetish or something?

Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry

You're talking about the same guy who said why couldn't we use nukes.
Truth is we can it creates a big boom and that area of land is no longer hospitable to life for a very long time.
He it does nuke NK or has a very big military response that would be bad for everyone.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(February 3, 2017 at 10:06 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: yeh, warning a hard-headed ego-maniac dictator out of the blue is so very helpful

I thought Trump warned Kim Jong Un, not the other way around.
(February 3, 2017 at 10:06 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: yeh, warning a hard-headed ego-maniac dictator out of the blue is so very helpful

Yeah, you're probably right. Historically, appeasement and not warning a hard-headed ego-maniac dictator always worked.

[Image: peace_for_our_time.jpg]

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Hitler didn't have nukes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 709 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Taliban warns US not to 'destabilise' new Afghan regime in face-to-face talks WinterHold 24 1610 October 12, 2021 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2122 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 568 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  North By North Numbnuts, accomplishment. Brian37 7 1745 December 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm
  James Gunn: what is your response to him being fired? Foxaèr 28 2741 August 3, 2018 at 12:13 am
Wink The Irony Here Is Overwhelming Minimalist 0 386 June 20, 2018 at 1:11 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4103 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  BREAKING: North Korea Has Just Fired Another Ballistic Missile A Theist 31 7466 November 30, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Hate To Agree With North Korea Minimalist 5 849 November 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist