Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hide content feature
hide content feature
If I want to show the content in a quote, I use "quote" ... "/quote"

What are the keywords to hide the content in a quote? (I know that many prefer it that way.)
RE: hide content feature
[ hide] content [ /hide ]

without the spaces Smile
You can either use:
Code:
[quote=watchamadoodle][hide]what watchamadoodle said[/hide][/quote]
Which outputs:
watchamadoodle Wrote:

Or:
Code:
[hide][quote=watchamadoodle]what watchamadoodle said[/quote][/hide]
Which outputs:

Personally, I prefer the former.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Code:
[color=#F0F0F0]Or, if you REALLY want to hide it, use this[/color]

Wheee! Invisible writing!
Wooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1eleven1one
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Thanks, everybody. (wow invisible ink Smile )
Great, CD, we're never going to be able to read SC's posts again. :p
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
_____________________________________________ Dodgy

Update: It doesn't work on smileys. Big Grin

(February 26, 2015 at 2:08 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: _____________________________________________ Dodgy

That's what the hide tags are for.

Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(February 26, 2015 at 2:08 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: _____________________________________________ Dodgy

It also leaves a suspicious space around...

Better not, I heard it makes the staff angry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New feature maybe tackattack 14 2207 July 3, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Auto save feature? Apollo 4 1007 December 1, 2020 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] The Show Content Button? Draconic Aiur 3 1088 May 15, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Request for a new report feature. Ravenshire 6 1096 May 6, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  How to hide previous username? DarkFalz555 5 1460 November 17, 2017 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Losty
  Hide Function Fred Hampton 20 4241 March 27, 2017 at 4:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Chat feature Azu 2 1120 February 15, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Azu
Question How do you hide lengthy blocks of text? God of Mr. Hanky 8 2197 January 26, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  pictures inside hide + url tags not showing Angrboda 6 2338 September 20, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: c172
  [Suggestion] Hide tags or trim long quotes Aoi Magi 4 1892 July 6, 2015 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Exian