Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for a new report feature.
Request for a new report feature.
I'd like to request a new feature, assuming it's possible within the framework of the site software. I'd like to see a "Report Thread" feature that could be used to bring to the attention of the staff any thread that has one or more people in violation of the rules, across multiple posts. I have seen a couple threads derailed by trolling just in the past few days by someone who disagreed with the underlying premise of the topic and spammed the thread with off-topic troll posts to the point that conversation died.

Of course, there would have to be some way of identifying the member causing the disruption, but perhaps that is/can be handled by the software that controls the report feature or by instruction how to use the feature.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
RE: Request for a new report feature.
The problem, as you have pointed out is the way of identifying the member causing the disruption.

Currently I think the best way of doing this would be to either:

1) Report a post the person has made, and make a comment saying that there are other posts in the same thread.

2) Report a member (go to their profile, click "Report User") and let us know the thread / page etc. where the rule violation occurs.

You could also help us out by creating a new thread here: https://atheistforums.org/forum-80.html and linking us directly to all the posts, or a lot of them. Any thread created in that forum will only be seen by yourself and staff, so it's kinda like mass-PM'ing all staff. Obviously do this after you have created a report, and mention you created one in your thread.
Bookmarked.

I still believe a feature to allow us to report a thread would be beneficial, but this is certainly better than nothing.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Or you could do what I did and message a moderator with not only links, but direct quotes of what you think the violations were, complete with a highlight of the relevant rules.

It took me a while, but I'm glad I was able to give them so much information. I hope it makes their job easier to do.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
We'd actually prefer posting in QFS rather than direct PM.
(May 6, 2018 at 8:47 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: I'd like to request a new feature, assuming it's possible within the framework of the site software. I'd like to see a "Report Thread" feature that could be used to bring to the attention of the staff any thread that has one or more people in violation of the rules, across multiple posts. I have seen a couple threads derailed by trolling just in the past few days by someone who disagreed with the underlying premise of the topic and spammed the thread with off-topic troll posts to the point that conversation died.

Of course, there would have to be some way of identifying the member causing the disruption, but perhaps that is/can be handled by the software that controls the report feature or by instruction how to use the feature.

The best thing you can do (best as far as helping staff) is to make a thread in the Questions for Staff section, quoting the posts you believe to be violations and letting us know in detail why you think they’re violating what rule.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
1st step should be a report though. When you create a report, it creates a thread in a staff-only forum with all the information you provide (i.e. if you report a post, it will quote the post).

If you feel like a single post report wasn't enough, or you couldn't explain your reason for reporting it properly, your 2nd step should be creating a new thread in Questions for Staff.

Honestly, at this stage, Questions for Staff should be used instead of PMing staff directly for staff matters. You never know when staff check their PMs, you don't know when a staff member might be away. More importantly, if you PM multiple staff members, we may not know if someone else has responded. Questions for Staff allows us all to communicate with you in a thread which only you (and us) can see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New feature maybe tackattack 14 2189 July 3, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Auto save feature? Apollo 4 1004 December 1, 2020 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4796 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Request For Thread Of Mine To Be Deleted MW85 11 2658 January 1, 2018 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is the "Buddy List" for? Why must we request/give consent? Whateverist 16 2575 November 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: shadow
  Chat feature Azu 2 1117 February 15, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Azu
  Request: A sticky-ed thread for what we're reading Whateverist 11 1731 August 18, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can I request a temp Ban for a month? Heywood 119 13198 May 27, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  hide content feature watchamadoodle 11 2648 February 27, 2015 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Seriously Annoying Youtube "feature" Davka 18 4256 January 22, 2015 at 2:08 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain