Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "nope" files.
The "nope" files.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1313857

[Image: nejmicm1313857_f1.gif]
Quote:  33-year-old man was admitted to the emergency department after a motorcycle accident. Clinical examination of the intubated patient showed a hard, swollen, bluish scrotum and an externally rotated and slightly shortened left leg. Computed tomography (CT) of the pelvis revealed dislocation of the left hip and a three-part trochanteric fracture of the proximal left femur (Panel A, white arrow), with displacement of the femoral head and neck fragment into the scrotum (Panels A and B, yellow arrow). There were also fractures of the left anterior pelvic ring and acetabulum (Panels A and B, blue arrow) and open fractures of the right forearm and hand. The femoral head and neck fragment was retrieved by means of a direct scrotal incision (Panel C), and the fractures were treated with open reduction and internal fixation (Panel D). The patient had no urologic sequelae. After 8 weeks of limited weight-bearing, the patient was able to walk with a cane. There was no evidence of avascular necrosis of the femoral head on the 3-month follow-up CT scan. At 14 months of follow-up, a CT scan showed vital bone structure and still no avascular necrosis of the femoral head, and the patient was able to walk freely without a cane.

Confusedhock:
Remember chaps, it's important to check for lumps.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: The "nope" files.
If you could summarize this using common body part words. I am kinda confused as to what's happening here.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
It took me a bit to figure it out too.
The main thing is in panel A. Apparently, the ball joint of his left femur broke off and ended up in his scrotum, where the bottom arrow is pointing.

I think all my man parts just contracted into my stomach, and probably won't be dropping back for at least a week. Undecided
(February 27, 2015 at 9:57 am)Losty Wrote: If you could summarize this using common body part words. I am kinda confused as to what's happening here.

He got some of his leg bone stuck in his ballsack in a motorcycle accident.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
[Image: giphy.gif]
The whole ball part of the ball and socket bit of the hip joint fractured off, traversed the pelvis and fetched up in the happily very stretchy scrotum. The surgeon opened up the scrotum, yoinked the thing out, then reattached it to the top of the femur.

It's very cool.
Sith code
What would Val Kilmer do about this one?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Repeat the motorcycle accident backwards and everything goes back to where it was.

PRAISE JEEBUS !!!!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That is cool. And super creepy.
TIL- JacobSmooth thinks traversed is a word that Losty knows. Jacob thinks I'm smart Big Grin
My secret plot is working.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(February 27, 2015 at 12:47 pm)Losty Wrote: That is cool. And super creepy.
TIL- JacobSmooth thinks traversed is a word that Losty knows. Jacob thinks I'm smart Big Grin
My secret plot is working.

You have me entirely fooled Wink
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Brian37 63 2981 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  Nope vorlon13 24 2676 January 30, 2018 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: KittyAnn
  Fallacy Files, Atheists worship science. Brian37 0 867 August 30, 2012 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Op ED On Pat Robertson, Fallacy Files. Brian37 18 7935 August 12, 2012 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  PSP and video files Darwinian 3 2035 May 29, 2009 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Darwinian