Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me.
Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me.
So the other day I go to the ATM, stick my card in, punch in my code, select checking account, then fast cash, then $60. Anyone want to guess what I forgot to do?
RE: Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me.
Blame the NRA and the gun industry?
done that... lucky for me it was very early and no one was around!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I was behind a guy in a Maserati yesterday, at an ATM in a grocery store parking lot. When he moved off I noticed something odd. I got my cash and caught up to him as he parked near the door to the grocery. I pull up next to him and said "Did you just leave the ATM?"

"What if I did?" with a snarl.

"Sorry, didn't mean to bother you, you're obviously not (name on the card), that guy sound like a nice person."

I then dropped the card on the pavement and drove off.
Tell us how much you love ABBA or some other second rate band?
(October 21, 2020 at 8:27 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Blame the NRA and the gun industry?

Yea, but that is a different subject.

(October 21, 2020 at 8:37 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I was behind a guy in a Maserati yesterday, at an ATM in a grocery store parking lot. When he moved off I noticed something odd. I got my cash and caught up to him as he parked near the door to the grocery.  I pull up next to him and said "Did you just leave the ATM?"

"What if I did?" with a snarl.

"Sorry, didn't mean to bother you, you're obviously not (name on the card), that guy sound like a nice person."

I then dropped the card on the pavement and drove off.

Wasn't the card I forgot. I forgot the cash. 

There is supposed to be a safety trigger in the machine that if you forget your cash it will suck the money back in.  So I called the bank the next day, as it was after hours when I did that. They said the machine DID NOT suck the money back in. So that means someone came up behind me and took the cash. Which is actually a crime. But since their camera's suck, there really isn't much I can do.
They changed ATMs a few years back so that your card is spit back out so you don't forget it. I guess they figured people would remember their cash as being the most important reason for using an ATM.

How do you figure it's a crime to take the money? If you find twenty bucks on the ground and pick it up, you haven't committed a crime. You basically did the same thing as dropping your money on the ground.

It was a dumb ass move. Maybe you really should consider some meds for your ADHD now that it's costing you money.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Dumbass me Part Deus.

Many might remember when I freaked out and thought my air conditioner broke, turned out to be a beer bottle next to the floor vent, causing it to make noise like a didgeridoo?

So today, cleaning up my house, I piled the dishes into the dishwasher. I pressed the start button, NOTHING. The "heat" light was set on lock. Kept pressing start and holding it down to reset. Still nothing. So I kept pressing every damned button to see if I could get it to reset. NOTHING.

So at one point I was thinking, great, fucking thing is broken. Nope it was not. After almost an hour opening and closing it and pressing buttons, I noticed a knife and fork sitting at the bottom of the unit. It was blocking the water arm from rotating. The designers had an idiot like me in mind and designed it so it would not break in case of something blocking the arm.

So as soon as I removed the knife and fork. BAMN, it started.
(October 21, 2020 at 8:19 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: How do you figure it's a crime to take the money?  If you find twenty bucks on the ground and pick it up, you haven't committed a crime.  You basically did the same thing as dropping your money on the ground.
There's no grounds to believe the money was "lost" and finding the owner would be as easy as taking the money to the bank and explaining how you found it. In most places in the US if you "find" money you are required to surrender it to the police and wait a specific period, 30-90 days. If nobody claims it with evidence then you get it.
I did that a couple of years ago.

The ATM withdrew the money when I forgot it.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 541188 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 852 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1156 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1170 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Your opportunity to call me a dumbass. Brian37 14 681 June 6, 2021 at 2:37 pm
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2268 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
  A story Apollo 2 415 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Ok, so I am a dumbass once again. Brian37 59 3211 June 27, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The one sentence story, #1. Gawdzilla Sama 12 783 September 20, 2018 at 4:40 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Phew! And another south of the boarder story. Brian37 3 559 July 19, 2018 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Brian37