Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hell Freezing Over - Republicans Realize they Need Atheists
Hell Freezing Over - Republicans Realize they Need Atheists
So it seems, with the young increasingly ditching religion for the trashbin, unless the Republicans embrace the godless (boo! hiss!), the Republicans may find themselves marginalized into extinction.

http://news.yahoo.com/young-conservative...ts-postbox

Quote:Indeed, Republicans have lost badly among young voters in recent presidential elections. And doubts about God’s existence among young adults are growing fast. In 2007, a Pew Research Center survey found that 83 percent of Millennials in the United States said they never doubted God’s existence. Five years later, that figure was down to 68 percent.

This rising secularism among young voters could put the very ability of the Republican Party to compete nationally at stake. In 2012, President Obama won the youth vote, those aged 18 to 29, by 67 percent to 30 percent. And as long as the GOP is seen as only for the religious – and specifically, those who adhere to only certain beliefs, including opposition to same-sex marriage – it is losing out on millions of potential votes.

Satan is going for the GOP now! On weather.com, Hell is reporting temps hovering near freezing with a hard freeze expected "real soon now". The Devil's citrus crop is not expected to survive.
RE: Hell Freezing Over - Republicans Realize they Need Atheists
Yes, it's trending towards secularism, and the republicans will have to change if they want to remain relevant. That's the problem with anything that stays rigid amidst a changing world.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

What'll be great is in 10-20 years when they start making the claims that without the Young Christians, marriage equality would not have been possible. "The Bible teaches love for everyone."
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
They are behind the trend on abortion.
They are behind the trend on marijuana.
They are behind the trend on gay marriage.

Could there be a pattern?
Let's extend it back a little:
They were:
Behind the trend on interracial marriage.
Behind the trend on civil rights.
Behind the trend on women's suffrage.
Behind the trend on slavery.
Behind the trend on heliocentrism.
etc etc etc
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
What choice do they have? The dumb religious shitballs are dying off.
Oh hellz yeah this is so awesome.

Way to go American young dudes! Keep up the sanity Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 5, 2015 at 2:52 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Let's extend it back a little:
They were:
Behind the trend on interracial marriage.
Behind the trend on civil rights.
Behind the trend on women's suffrage.
Behind the trend on slavery.
Behind the trend on heliocentrism.
etc etc etc

Not quite. The the extent that there was an anti-slavery party, the Republicans were it. Lincoln was the first Republican in office. And the Southern Democrats were just as bad about civil rights, and interracial marriage as the GOP. Can we blame it on white Christian men and have done with?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
They'll have to do more than get out of the bed they share with the religious right to get my consideration. They need to embrace science and stop being the party of stupid.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(March 5, 2015 at 3:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What choice do they have? The dumb religious shitballs are dying off.

And the ones that remain are so shrill and anti-reality in everything they say and do, they're repugnant to those that aren't zealous morons.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God hates republicans Anomalocaris 1 249 October 9, 2022 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Anybody got any Pfizer stock they don't need? Gawdzilla Sama 30 1321 November 12, 2020 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Not All US Republicans Are Against Illegal Immigration BrianSoddingBoru4 4 536 June 27, 2020 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republicans are scared of Trump despite knowing he is guilty Prime Time 0 290 February 10, 2020 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Hell has frozen over. Brian37 2 530 January 23, 2020 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  House REpublicans Illegally Holed up in SCIF Room Divinity 21 1445 October 27, 2019 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  There Are A Couple Of Republicans With Some Class Minimalist 11 1110 January 12, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Guess He Figured If They Were In A Nursing Home They Weren't "Donors." Minimalist 5 1074 September 25, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  They Just Don't Make Nazis Like They Used To Minimalist 23 3646 September 5, 2017 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  North Carolina Republicans vote to cut funding from School Districts that voted Dem. Cecelia 9 2503 May 15, 2017 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Aroura