Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Compass test
Political Compass test
So there's this test you can take to see where you lean politically, it ranges from Authoritatian to libertarian in one category, and from right to left in the other. I'm interested in seeing where the members of this end up leaning. Feel free to post your results and talk about them.

The test;
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

My results; Libertarian Left
[Image: chart?ec=-4.75&soc=-3.79]
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: Political Compass test
It's been done.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-28192-p...#pid734439
(March 16, 2015 at 5:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's been done.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-28192-p...#pid734439

Yeah, and it turns out I'm still a leftwing libertarian.

[Image: chart?ec=-6.38&soc=-7.23]
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Economic Left/Right: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

I'm too new to be in the first thread.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I'm an incurable rightist

[Image: chart?ec=3.38&soc=-2.36]

I'm feeling kinda nice today, I've scored further on the right occasionally... Some questions still need better analysis for better comprehension
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

So I have to note something about this test, it's been around the internet for ages if you do a little digging on it you find out that it is published by a libertarian group. That's why the results tend to skew towards libertarianism and also why the word libertarian is written all over it. I always think the word authoritarian is basically a propagandist term.

Also I don't need some internet test to know what my political opinions are.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I'm with Cap on this one. I already know what my political leanings are (somewhat left of Noam Chomsky), I don't need an internet quiz to tell them to me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 16, 2015 at 7:16 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: So I have to note something about this test, it's been around the internet for ages if you do a little digging on it you find out that it is published by a libertarian group. That's why the results tend to skew towards libertarianism and also why the word libertarian is written all over it. I always think the word authoritarian is basically a propagandist term.

Also I don't need some internet test to know what my political opinions are.
After revision I figured some questions need a good interpretation. For example the question "the enemy of my enemy is my friend?" represents authoritarianism VS libertarianism - If you agree you are the former because you put national interest and the state above yourself, if you disagree you are libertarian.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.95

[Image: chart?ec=-6.88&soc=-7.95]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 16, 2015 at 7:34 pm)Sionnach Wrote: Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.95

[Image: chart?ec=-6.88&soc=-7.95]

So basically, you're both a commie AND a hippie? Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logic Fallacies: A Quiz to Test Your Knowledge, A Cheat Sheet to Refresh It Rhondazvous 0 984 March 6, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Your moral compass mcolafson 58 7053 October 11, 2016 at 6:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Pinocchio syndrome , the turing test fdesilva 21 3825 August 19, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: fdesilva
  Political Correctness Shining_Finger 118 14464 December 29, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Intelligence test Knight000 98 13915 September 14, 2015 at 4:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Test my belief system robvalue 84 12286 September 8, 2015 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Sappho
  test MindForgedManacle 1 980 January 14, 2014 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  What political philosophy is best cratehorus 48 16426 August 6, 2012 at 3:36 am
Last Post: Darth