Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Let's vote in that Canadian for US president!" - Ted Cruz
"Let's vote in that Canadian for US president!" - Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz officially threw his hat into the Presidential race today at Liberty "University", you know, that place founded by the guy who blamed 9-11 on homosexuals and atheists? A place that also lives off Federal subsidies in order to survive. I can't think of a better place for a small government candidate to make his announcement.

In other news, attendance to this announcement was mandatory for the students. Which, predictably, led to this:

[Image: rand-t-shirts-cruz.jpg]

I wonder if the Republicans will get themselves all in a lather over his birth certificate...?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
RE: "Let's vote in that Canadian for US president!" - Ted Cruz
Despite being ranked 9th in the polls, the media still thinks he's enough of a threat to merit a hack job over the mewling brat incident. I've sen the video, 99% of the reportage is total bullshit.

WTF ?

Cruz ain't worth the yellow ink . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

But he's white, so it's ok. That's how laws work, right?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 23, 2015 at 5:51 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Cruz ain't worth the yellow ink . . .

But from what I've seen and heard of him, he seems to be worthy of yellow bodily fluids.

Honestly, as a European, I'm scared of someone like that being in the race for leading the major nuclear power. Smug, ignorant and fanatical isn't a good mixture.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Damned straight...you euros better watch your p's and q's or we'll let loose a President Cruz! Cmon now....you know we can always find ways to make use of smug, ignorant, and fanatical. That's pretty much our MO....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 23, 2015 at 6:14 pm)abaris Wrote:
(March 23, 2015 at 5:51 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Cruz ain't worth the yellow ink . . .

But from what I've seen and heard of him, he seems to be worthy of yellow bodily fluids.

Honestly, as a European, I'm scared of someone like that being in the race for leading the major nuclear power.

I won't say he has 0 chance of getting either the Presidency outright or the VP nod, but he's not even well liked in his own party. He's in the same realm as Santorum, Huckabee, and that ilk. It plays well in Iowa, because the Iowa Caucus is crazy, and the media will make a big deal about that and act like Iowa isn't crazy, but the chances are astronomical that he'll get anywhere near the White House.

What will likely happen is that a more moderate candidate (Christie? Bush v3.0?) will emerge, and then be forced to go far right in order to appeal to the vocal, ravenous, and disproportionally powerful fundamentalist conservative population to win the primaries, and thus torpedo their chances in the general election because the majority of the voting public doesn't go that far right.

The best thing for relative sanity is actually for all these bible thumpers and Tea Party idiots to flood the field, make it hard on the moderates, and have the entire right look like loons.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(March 23, 2015 at 5:48 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Ted Cruz officially threw his hat into the Presidential race today at Liberty "University", you know, that place founded by the guy who blamed 9-11 on homosexuals and atheists? A place that also lives off Federal subsidies in order to survive. I can't think of a better place for a small government candidate to make his announcement.

In other news, attendance to this announcement was mandatory for the students. Which, predictably, led to this:

[Image: rand-t-shirts-cruz.jpg]

I wonder if the Republicans will get themselves all in a lather over his birth certificate...?
.............................TED..... a true 'American' sounding name...but actually, his real name is "RAFAEL" Rafael Edward Cruz!
Quote:What will likely happen is that a more moderate candidate (Christie? Bush v3.0?) will emerge, and then be forced to go far right in order to appeal to the vocal, ravenous, and disproportionally powerful fundamentalist conservative population to win the primaries, and thus torpedo their chances in the general election because the majority of the voting public doesn't go that far right.

All that will do is assure four more years of conservatard shitheads screaming about how we need a "real conservatard" on the ticket and not some "moderate." No. Let them have one of the real fucking crazies get the nod. If the country is stupid enough to elect him then we will deserve every fucking thing we get.

But until the nutty right is utterly crushed and cannot make excuses they will simply continue this line of horseshit about we need a real "conservatard."

I'm tired of it. Let's go to war now.
If this piece of shit can run for Prez, can I move to the US and run for Prez, too?
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:“In America, anybody can be president.
That's one of the risks you take.”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4258 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 873 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4716 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 869 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 998 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1415 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1684 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 24248 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4650 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 916 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4