Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is ISIS really ''un-Islamic''?
Is ISIS really ''un-Islamic''?
Or are they simply doing what the ''prophet'' Muhammad did? Muhammad during his early reign of terror was roaming the Middle-East conquering and forcing conversion to Islam, leaving a trail of destruction. This is what ISIS are trying to do --- in addition to this, Muhammad was a pedophile; which is pretty much what ISIS are given they are selling underage girls into the sex trade.
RE: Is ISIS really ''un-Islamic''?
Hm. That Asha was underage is a Sunni belief, the Shia tend to put her in her mid to late teens, probably older than Mary was supposed to have been when she became pregnant.

ISIS seems to be primarily motivated by something I would call 'caliphism', a specific brand of Islamism.

Somewhat analogous to 'Dominionism' being a specific brand of 'Christianism'.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Very much so. If I were a Moslem ruler political or religious, I would be able to proclaim a jihad against ISIS based on how pagan they behave.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
I would have to say that they are in fact the only group of extremists who are probably taking the Qu'ran literally, just as the Cathos did when they started forcing the Indigenous people to convert. It just goes to show that not one single group i.e. cathos, prostestants, Shi'as, Sunnis really do take their holy books literally today unless they are terrorist groups.
Whether ISIS is islamic would eventually be decided in exactly the same way how every question regarding whether any particular new fangled fraction stands for true orthodoxy is always decided - by seeing whether ISIS kill enough of their religious opponents to become the orthodoxy, or whether ISIS is exterminated to the point where most muslims can freely badmouth them without fear of ill effect.

Just look back on Christian history to see how christian most modern christian would have seemed to most christians of the 4th century.
(April 6, 2015 at 11:15 pm)Chuck Wrote: Whether ISIS is islamic would eventually be decided in exactly the same way how every question regarding whether any particular new fangled fraction stands for true orthodoxy is always decided - by seeing whether ISIS kill enough of their religious opponents to become the orthodoxy, or whether ISIS is exterminated to the point where most muslims can freely badmouth them without fear of ill effect.

Just look back on Christian history to see how christian most modern christian would have seemed to most christians of the 4th century.

These same muslims are the ones who preach one thing and do another. They are indoctrinated to hate and kill Jews and Christians. That is all they need to know, whatever is happening between the Sh'ias and the Sunnis is neither here or there. They both have a common goal. So, the way I see it is like this, I have said it before and I'll say it again, there is no point being highly criticial of one and then giving carte blanche to the other group i.e. Islam. They are both the fecking same, the sooner the liberals get their heads around that the better. As long as the media are spinning their bs about Israel and how it is treating the Palestinians, everyone is happy to believe, especially the liberals. Get this, a large number of Palestinians were beheaded very recently in one of their camps in Syria by ISIS. Guess what, nothing on the news because it wasn't the Jews that did it. No doubt, the muslims will find a way of pinning it on the Jews.

So, getting back to the point:

Judaism, Islam and Christianity aren't worth the paper they are written on and it is basically an adult version of the Grimm brothers tales.
No religious fraction ever attains the political position of doctrinarian preeminence without the dual political method of 1. saying one thing and doing another, and 2. Violence deniable or avowed, not the least towards those who point out it had being saying one thing and done another.
He's not a terrorist, Friend. He's a really firm believer.. he acts on what he sees his little invisible buddy doing a few thousand years ago.
There's only one way to settle the question. What does the Qur'an and other texts considered sacred by Muslims say about the value of human life outside of the faith? It doesn't matter what other people claim Islam represents to them. If I want to know what Catholicism means, I don't find some random Catholics and ask them, taking their often contradictory opinions to be the "supreme authority." I look at the Catholic Bible and the statements of the Popes, as that religion is defined by what they believe to be God's words. Islam is a religion of the book. In other words, it is defined by their sacred texts. "But what about interpretation?" you might say. Sure, it is important to see how Muslim scholars have traditionally understood the words. In this I also see no inconsistency between Mohammad's biography, the sacred writings of Islam, and some of the most brutal actions of ISIS. The moderate Muslims are the people who reject the first two, disregarding the notion of their righteousness and perfection, so that they are able to clearly and emphatically argue against the latter as being neither righteous nor perfect as well.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(April 7, 2015 at 12:08 pm)RobertE Wrote:
(April 6, 2015 at 11:15 pm)Chuck Wrote: Whether ISIS is islamic would eventually be decided in exactly the same way how every question regarding whether any particular new fangled fraction stands for true orthodoxy is always decided - by seeing whether ISIS kill enough of their religious opponents to become the orthodoxy, or whether ISIS is exterminated to the point where most muslims can freely badmouth them without fear of ill effect.

These same muslims are the ones who preach one thing and do another. They are indoctrinated to hate and kill Jews and Christians. That is all they need to know, whatever is happening between the Sh'ias and the Sunnis is neither here or there. They both have a common goal. So, the way I see it is like this, I have said it before and I'll say it again, there is no point being highly criticial of one and then giving carte blanche to the other group i.e. Islam. They are both the fecking same, the sooner the liberals get their heads around that the better. As long as the media are spinning their bs about Israel and how it is treating the Palestinians, everyone is happy to believe, especially the liberals. Get this, a large number of Palestinians were beheaded very recently in one of their camps in Syria by ISIS. Guess what, nothing on the news because it wasn't the Jews that did it. No doubt, the muslims will find a way of pinning it on the Jews.

So, getting back to the point:

Judaism, Islam and Christianity aren't worth the paper they are written on and it is basically an adult version of the Grimm brothers tales.

Israel is one the the main supporters of the ISIS nuts.  When ISIS attacks Israel I will renounce my allegation.  ISIS claimed to have attacked the US in Garland, Texas, yet they haven't even thrown a rock in Israel, right next door to their area of disruption.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal? FlatAssembler 10 976 August 12, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1261 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1416 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Islamic prophet's foreknowledge of the Terfeziaceae's health benefits R00tKiT 29 2675 July 4, 2021 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 580 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 5920 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7799 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  What happened to the war on ISIS? WinterHold 53 14645 February 9, 2019 at 8:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1321 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3022 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3