Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudo's to Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku
Kudo's to Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku
Neil Degrasse Tyson does not believe in any organized Religion and does not believe that there is a personal God who answers prayers. But as to the question of whether there is a Supreme Being whose nature is unknowable or whether the Universe came into existence through 'Spontaneous Creation' - Professor Tyson is decidely Agnostic. This has brought down hatred, vitriol, and rage from Atheists who cannot stand the thought of a Scientist with his stature not agreeing with them. You Tube is full of 'Ad Hominum' attacks against him by religiously fanactical Atheists. As a Buddhist, I believe in a 'Supreme Consciousness'. But the fact that Neil Degrasse Tyson is a free-thinker and is not intimidated by either Fundamentalists or Atheists makes him my Hero. Kudo's to you Professor Tyson. Michio Kaku has stated: "The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle has settled the Free Will-Determinism debate in favor of Free Will". This has brought condemnation down upon him from Atheists who feel that Free Will implys a God who passes judgement on people who acted in accordance with their Free Will. But Professor Kaku never stated that there is a Supreme Being who passes Judgement. He simply stated that we have Introspection and Free Will. Fortunently, Professor Kaku does not change his rationalism or logic to appease militant Atheists. Kudo's to you Professor Kaku.
RE: Kudo's to Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku
Tyson comes off as a fraud. I don't believe for one second Carl Sagan had any interaction with him, let alone having any faith in him. I would have much rather had Michio Kaku as the host for the Cosmos reboot as he seems someone much more knowledgeable.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
What's your point?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Once again, no one gives a flying fuck what you believe, polecat.
(April 12, 2015 at 5:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Once again, no one gives a flying fuck what you believe, polecat.

Like I give a shit.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Yeah Polecat, I'm sure Ann Druyan wouldn't know and would be totally cool with Tyson doing the impostor thing. Lol

Kaku is the bullshit salesman among those two. Almost everything he does is wrought with bs and hype.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 12, 2015 at 5:11 pm)Polaris Wrote: Tyson comes off as a fraud. I don't believe for one second Carl Sagan had any interaction with him, let alone having any faith in him. I would have much rather had Michio Kaku as the host for the Cosmos reboot as he seems someone much more knowledgeable.

Really? What leads you to think that the story about NdT and Sagan is false? The book he has signed seems to be genuine. And what leads you to think that NdT isn't knowledgeable enough to host Cosmos? 

Michio Kaku is certainly knowledgeable, and is certainly passionate about cosmology. I don't know that he would inspire the wonder that NdT is capable of inspiring, which is really what Cosmos is all about.

It is pretty clear that NdT is an agnostic atheist. He doesn't believe any god claims---he's said that outright. He is open to evidence; he won't take a definitive stance. It's much the same for most of us here.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 12, 2015 at 5:21 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(April 12, 2015 at 5:11 pm)Polaris Wrote: Tyson comes off as a fraud. I don't believe for one second Carl Sagan had any interaction with him, let alone having any faith in him. I would have much rather had Michio Kaku as the host for the Cosmos reboot as he seems someone much more knowledgeable.

Really? What leads you to think that the story about NdT and Sagan is false? The book he has signed seems to be genuine. And what leads you to think that NdT isn't knowledgeable enough to host Cosmos? 

Haven't you looked at him? He's brown.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 12, 2015 at 5:21 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:

Michio Kaku is certainly knowledgeable, and is certainly passionate about cosmology. I don't know that he would inspire the wonder that NdT is capable of inspiring, which is really what Cosmos is all about.

It is pretty clear that NdT is an agnostic atheist. He doesn't believe any god claims---he's said that outright. He is open to evidence; he won't take a definitive stance. It's much the same for most of us here.

Tyson doesn't come off as genuine and the whole story just appeared to be him trying to justify him being the host.

I would rather have someone who speaks at a higher level about the cosmos as Kaku does much more often, than another Bill Nye. Sure people like Bill Nye were great when we were kids, but I expect much more out of a show like Cosmos than what has Tyson provided. Plus, I would like Tyson to spend more time worrying about science than wasting valuable time addressing the people who made him feel butt-hurt about the age of the universe.

NDT is agnostic atheist all he want's is proof. The sad fact little pathetic thing about religion is the more we find out about the universe by scientisits and people like kaku and NDT 
the more we know how bullshit of a idea that a god could create anything. Literally Polaris given that our universe is billions of years old don't you think that things would naturally just come together on their own without a god. Because the sun was created from literally 2 basic elements and that is without god and our planet as well we do not need a god a god doesn't clearly exist. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Disproving God Mechaghostman2 158 30863 July 14, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Neil Degrasse Tyson Shuffle 96 20769 August 25, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  Neil deGrasse Tyson Explains the meaning of life dyresand 7 2560 January 18, 2015 at 8:45 am
Last Post: c172
  Neil Degrass Tyson is Agnostic bladevalant546 32 10940 September 22, 2013 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: Aeon
  Did Dawkins and Tyson say that and what are the implications. Mark 13:13 126 40429 January 5, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Neil Degrasse Tyson, Agnostic Whateverist 31 10731 July 10, 2012 at 11:20 am
Last Post: pgrimes15