Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear atheists,
Dear atheists,
You only want to mock and scoff. You have no peace. A person with a life doesn't spend time on atheist forums to puff up their ego in an attempt to blaspheme a god they don't believe in anyway.

You're immature, and your life is meaningless according to your own beliefs. You believe you are nothing more than time, chance, and chemical reactions. You have no meaning and no hope, therefore, you seek out meaning by trying to feel as if you know something more than others, or that you have the canny ability to disprove an argument.

I pity you, simply because I've been where you are. I contemplated suicide when I was an atheist, because I simply couldn't escape the fact that deep down, I felt life was utterly cruel, meaningless, and empty.

Atheists often scoff, "My life has meaning. I love my friends, spouse, kids, etc." That's a delusion. You are all nothing but chemical reactions. You'll die and quickly fade away from the mind of the world. You know this is true. Does that sit well with you?

I believe in God. I'm not going to bore you with the details of my conversion, because your intent is clearly only to puff up yourself with pride (one of the worst sins), and to feel like a know-it-all. A wise man once said this: "A true Christian testimony is worth a library full of arguments."

I know that when I found the truth, it changed my life. I know that I have peace. I know that I have meaning and a creator. I don't have to waste my time trying to mock others, create goofy avatars, or show my immaturity and pride. I've got a life, and I like to help others in my spare time to find the truth that I've discovered myself.

Does atheism liberate you? From what? From meaning? From purpose? Or liberate you to sin? For what? Does sin not bring about death? Does sin not cause misery and pain?

Does atheism liberate you to think freely? Do you think Christians, before their conversion, didn't also think and ponder all religions and possibilities? If I find truth, what more is there to search? If I discover the answer to an equation, why keep working on it? It is solved.

The mystery of this life is solved for me, and my daily walk with God proves it. I seek nothing more. I have peace. I have a life. I have purpose.
RE: Dear atheists,
Is your purpose to come here and insult everyone? I think that's what Jesus said to do.

I have a life too. But only one. So I won't spend any more time on you.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yes, you're right. Thank you for showing me my true pitiful self. Keep doing the good work and teach to the whole world the liberating power of wishful thinking.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Jerkoff
Dear True Believer. Welcome to AF, as introductions go, I've seen friendlier. Wink
*Cracks knuckles*

Quote:You only want to mock and scoff.
Only when idiots who still believe in a cloud man present themselves to be mocked and scoff at. I know a few religious people of varying faiths and degrees of belief, and for the most part we get on famously. I like the person, but hate the stupid.
Quote:You have no peace.
Eh? My life is quite peaceful. I go see people, enjoy myself, work hard, etc. I rather like my life, fleeting and ultimately insignificant though it may be in the grand cosmological scheme of things. It's about enjoying what you have with the time you're given, y'see.
Quote: A person with a life doesn't spend time on atheist forums to puff up their ego in an attempt to blaspheme a god they don't believe in anyway.
Nah, we do it to discuss the various stupidities of religion and the supernatural in general. We do it so we have a sense of community against the seeming tidal wave of theocratic bullshit that seems to sweep the world over. We don't aim to blaspheme (well, some of us do, I suppose), because how can you blaspheme against something that simply isn't there to be offended?
Quote:You're immature, and your life is meaningless according to your own beliefs. You believe you are nothing more than time, chance, and chemical reactions. You have no meaning and no hope, therefore, you seek out meaning by trying to feel as if you know something more than others, or that you have the canny ability to disprove an argument.
Yes, our life ultimately is meaningless in this 14 billion year old, 160 billion lightyear wide, 100 sextillion star-containing cosmos. And yet here we are. We may as well have some fun in the MAYBE 8 decades we get inside of it all. As for being immature...I confess, I give into my inner child from time to time (who's seen Avengers 2 yet, by the way? It was AMAAAAAZING OHFGBWHFBSDHB), but at least I don't think there's an all powerful deity looking after me and making sure everything is alright.
Quote:I pity you, simply because I've been where you are. I contemplated suicide when I was an atheist, because I simply couldn't escape the fact that deep down, I felt life was utterly cruel, meaningless, and empty.
I am sorry you couldn't handle reality. Maybe fantasy is a better fit for your psyche, it's all down to brain chemistry after all. Different strokes...
Quote:Atheists often scoff, "My life has meaning. I love my friends, spouse, kids, etc." That's a delusion. You are all nothing but chemical reactions. You'll die and quickly fade away from the mind of the world. You know this is true. Does that sit well with you?
Yes, it sits fine with me. Because I know that there have been billions before me, and will likely be billions after me. A tiny part of a grand chain, every link as small, and as rare, and as unique as the other.
Quote:I believe in God. I'm not going to bore you with the details of my conversion, because your intent is clearly only to puff up yourself with pride (one of the worst sins), and to feel like a know-it-all. A wise man once said this: "A true Christian testimony is worth a library full of arguments."
And another wise man once said "Science. It works...bitches" We can throw quotes at each other all day long from famous people, 'tis a rather pointless exercise. Again, I'm happy for you that you discovered you can't deal with reality and instead need to rest in the bosom of the supernatural. Meanwhile, we're sending people to Mars, bitch.
Quote:I know that when I found the truth, it changed my life. I know that I have peace. I know that I have meaning and a creator. I don't have to waste my time trying to mock others, create goofy avatars, or show my immaturity and pride. I've got a life, and I like to help others in my spare time to find the truth that I've discovered myself.
And yet here you find yourself, on a forum run by atheists, flinging poo with your first post. My, what an angry little man you seem to be.
Quote:Does atheism liberate you? From what? From meaning? From purpose? Or liberate you to sin? For what? Does sin not bring about death? Does sin not cause misery and pain?
It liberates me from fantasy, and helps me focus on the real world. Life does not have to have a higher meaning or purpose for one to enjoy it, that is the delusion of the childish. Sure, I sin - I fully support teh gayz for example, have been known to jump on a sunday and I wear mixed fabrics, like, ALL THE TIME. If you wanted to get deep, my strength comes from humanity itself, and the potential we have to better ourselves and the world as a whole. We can only REALLY start doing that once we realise this is the only life we are blessed with, and we must do all we can do make it better for the next generation, and the next and so on.
Quote:The mystery of this life is solved for me, and my daily walk with God proves it. I seek nothing more. I have peace. I have a life. I have purpose.
You could do with reading some science books, maybe. In any case, I hope you enjoy your time here, provided you stay.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
You suck
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

You know what I love about this video?  It's like watching the failtrain crash into the station.  You just can't not watch it.

(April 25, 2015 at 9:19 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Yes, our life ultimately is meaningless in this 14 billion year old, 160 billion lightyear wide, 100 sextillion star-containing cosmos. And yet here we are. We may as well have some fun in the MAYBE 8 decades we get inside of it all. As for being immature...I confess, I give into my inner child from time to time (who's seen Avengers 2 yet, by the way? It was AMAAAAAZING OHFGBWHFBSDHB), but at least I don't think there's an all powerful deity looking after me and making sure everything is alright.

Was the bolded meant to be factual or hyperbole?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(April 25, 2015 at 8:52 pm)True Believer Wrote: You only want to mock and scoff. ...A person with a life doesn't spend time on atheist forums to puff up their ego in an attempt to blaspheme a god they don't believe in anyway. You're immature...

Yah, whatever. There's a million posts here and you can find anything you want, including scoffing and Internet time-wasting at all maturity levels. You can even find Christian fundamentalists trolling a line on the lake of fire.
Hello!

As a Christian just like you, I'd like you to kindly read Matthew 7:1-2. Thanks and have a great day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 10510 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christian Drivel From Dear Mom Rahul 14 3432 June 8, 2013 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: _xenu_
  Dear Theist: Do Your Job or Find Another Phaedra 56 16352 December 19, 2011 at 11:22 am
Last Post: znk666