Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Discussion (Possible Spoilers)
Vikings Discussion (Possible Spoilers)
Since there is a thread on Game of Thrones, I wanted to start this one based on the popular show Vikings.  What do you guys think of the show?  Where do you think it is going?  And what are your thoughts on the casting?

Let's have a nice discussion.
RE: Vikings Discussion (Possible Spoilers)
I have to watch last weeks episode, then I'll be back for this. Love this show.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(April 28, 2015 at 11:04 pm)Jericho Wrote: Since there is a thread on Game of Thrones, I wanted to start this one based on the popular show Vikings.  What do you guys think of the show?  Where do you think it is going?  And what are your thoughts on the casting?

Let's have a nice discussion.

I didn't enjoy this last season as much as the previous ones, but it was OK. As far where it is going according to legend Ragnar meets his end in the King of Northumbria's snake pit. Bjorn, Ivar and the other sons then kick his ass. Ragnar's sons all become famous Viking raiders with conquest as far away as Italy. Rollo founds the first Norman dynasty. The series only loosely follows the legends though. For example according to the legends it was Bjorn who faked his death to enter Pisa and not Ragnar at Paris so who knows...
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Viking spoilers?

You're not going to tell me that Fran Tarkenton and the Purple People Eaters are just figments of my imagination are you? What about my homeboys Chris Carter and Robert Smith? Do they survive in Viking lore?
I quite enjoy this show, as it is loosely based on actual legends and has a fairly balanced level of blood, sex, and scheming.
I think of it that I have never heard of it! Is it good?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I remember being told that I am probably the descendant of Vikings. I think it was the -ham villages Vikings named... memory may be failing me.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 29, 2015 at 6:49 am)robvalue Wrote: I remember being told that I am probably the descendant of Vikings. I think it was the -ham villages Vikings named... memory may be failing me.

I'm a descendant of Swiss farmers... yay
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It is definitely a good show. Nothing quite like seeing Viking pagans laying waste to Christianity and civilized organizations at a whim.
I've been catching up with my housemate but only up to like 2/3 of the way through season 2 (just witnessed an execution that would be very gory without the show censoring it, thank God).

I love this show. It's not all that historically accurate in terms of events, but it makes for a fun and culturally authentic drama, very well put together.

Lagertha (spelling?) is amazing, I love the kick-ass matriarch persona she had going on in season 1. She had Ragnar so whipped.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Vikings chimp3 3 658 March 19, 2019 at 2:14 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 348 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6065 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 66151 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5051 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 765 54290 August 15, 2016 at 4:45 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Game of Thrones Season 5 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 588 88137 May 13, 2016 at 1:48 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Superman versus Batman -- SPOILERS! Jehanne 3 878 April 16, 2016 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  New X-Files mini series discussion Foxaèr 90 12879 February 23, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Episode VII (spoilers) Drich 267 25342 January 7, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Drich