Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New X-Files mini series discussion
New X-Files mini series discussion
I freaking loved the first episode. I thought it would just be a repeat of the nine seasons that ended in 2002, but they outdid themselves.

I am impressed.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: New X-Files mini series discussion
"Aliens"
Dying to live, living to die.
Haven't seen it but if its still Vince Gilligan helping to write and produce it I'm not surprised. Being fresh from Breaking Bad and all.
When is season 2 of "Better Call Saul" anyway? I mean it wasn't as good but it was very watchable.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Meh.

I wasn't a passionate fan of the original and this seems like a re-hash.
Not everyone can enjoy the genius of certain shows.
~ Erin Hunter
(January 25, 2016 at 1:48 am)Kitan Wrote: Not everyone can enjoy the genius of certain shows.

I have watched every single episode of the original series.

I didn't like the long drawn out alien stories and the serious ones involving the smoking man and all of that.

I love the simple ones where they had to tackle a different monster each time, like the guy who could control fire, the guy who could control electricity, the hallucinogenic mushroom type thing.

The best fucking episodes were the pusher ones.  With that guy and woman would could talk people into doing whatever they wanted.

My friend told me about these new ones, I haven't seen them yet.
 I'm worried they might try too hard to make these episodes great and go for the long drawn out stories about aliens again, in favour of the simple monster of the week format.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

There aren't new "ones" you could have missed.

Tonight was the first premiere of the first episode of six.
~ Erin Hunter
(January 25, 2016 at 3:32 am)Kitan Wrote: There aren't new "ones" you could have missed.

Tonight was the first premiere of the first episode of six.

Well then I haven't seen this one yet.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Withholding judgement for the monster and comedy stand-alones.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
GAAAA!!!! Can't read this thread because the episode started at freakin' 7 o'clock instead of 8 so I missed it!!!!!! Angry  What the hell kind of time is that for a show to start at on the west coast? Angry Angry Angry

I'm going to watch it over my lunch break today tho.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profiles In Courage TV Series Kernel Sohcahtoa 0 405 April 12, 2022 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6002 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Forensic Files" and claims of "God." Brian37 3 308 August 5, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 65801 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1888 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  What's your the best old TV series from the 80's? KittyAnn 37 4362 December 10, 2017 at 1:37 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Best anime series and anime movie in the world ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4234 November 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The WTF Files Cyberman 4 630 November 8, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Expanse (SyFy series) Alex K 21 2505 April 4, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  TV series-- Legion bennyboy 8 1077 February 28, 2017 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist