Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaime Lannister, the Atheist
Jaime Lannister, the Atheist
So I am rewatching GoT with a friend who has never seen it before.  What's funny is that we just saw the following scene that I apparently didn't catch when I originally watched it.  Back when I first watched GoT, I was unsure towards religion, but leaning towards Christianity.  I guess I didn't really know what this scene was about or I didn't even really think much about it back then.  However, I can now appreciate this scene now for what it is.  Enjoy!

RE: Jaime Lannister, the Atheist
You should put a link to the video because it won't play when it's embedded Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
/watch?v=PnZ7s-H1gNU

It keeps embedding the video for some reason.  Just add that to the regular (www.youtube.com).
Heh, Tyrion Lannister is far more explictly sexular and skeptical, plus being super smart.

EDIT: Was about to correct 'sexular' to 'secular'....but it's Tyrion Lannister so it still works.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(May 5, 2015 at 10:44 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Heh, Tyrion Lannister is far more explictly sexular and skeptical, plus being super smart.

EDIT: Was about to correct 'sexular' to 'secular'....but it's Tyrion Lannister so it still works.

That's true, but, then again, there seem to be a lot more atheist professors than atheist professional athletes... Maybe it's in that regard that Jaime should be celebrated!

Always been my favorite character.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(May 5, 2015 at 10:52 am)TRJF Wrote:
(May 5, 2015 at 10:44 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Heh, Tyrion Lannister is far more explictly sexular and skeptical, plus being super smart.

That's true, but, then again, there seem to be a lot more atheist professors than atheist professional athletes... Maybe it's in that regard that Jaime should be celebrated!

Always been my favorite character.

It's one hell of a series where you can say your favorite character is a incestuous oathbreaking attempted-murder-of-a-child successful-murder-of-your-cousin one handed sword jock~
- Thomas Jefferson
Favorite characters need not be the most just...
Perhaps you'd pick Lollys?
Hell, Jaime is definitely one of my favorites. The only ones that I like over him are Jaqen and Rhaegar...the latter not even really mentioned that much in the show.
Pfft look at my avatar. Hound master race.
- Thomas Jefferson
I go for the brainiacs... Tyrion, Varys, Little finger. Wink