Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABBA? Really? Help!
ABBA? Really? Help!
I understand that teens are meant to drive their parents crazy with modern music, but my 17 year old is driving me crazy with music from my high school years:

Not looking for advice just sympathy. 

I suppose it could be worse.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: ABBA? Really? Help!
Brian has infiltrated your home...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hadn't thought of Brian, though given his avatar and threads that was stupid on my part.  So just for Brian:

If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I love ABBA. And I'm 19 years old Tongue I only started to appreciate their music after Mamma Mia came out. But my mom used to play some of their songs in the car sometimes Shy
The only band I love more than ABBA is Bee Gees and Celtic Woman Heart
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
(May 6, 2015 at 1:07 am)dahrling Wrote: I love ABBA. And I'm 19 years old  Tongue I only started to appreciate their music after Mamma Mia came out. But my mom used to play some of their songs in the car sometimes  Shy

OMG you're another one.  The Bee Gees are even worse.  At least I liked ABBA when I was 19.  Sorry . . . musical taste is really personal.  Love the Bee Gees all you like, but please either don't move in or wear earphones. Tongue
(May 6, 2015 at 1:10 am)Jenny A Wrote:
(May 6, 2015 at 1:07 am)dahrling Wrote: I love ABBA. And I'm 19 years old  Tongue I only started to appreciate their music after Mamma Mia came out. But my mom used to play some of their songs in the car sometimes  Shy

OMG you're another one.  The Bee Gees are even worse.  At least I liked ABBA when I was 19.  Sorry . . . musical taste is really personal.  Love the Bee Gees all you like, but please either don't move in or wear earphones. Tongue

I think all of us have at least one or two musical regrets during the course of our lives  Tongue 
Maybe disco will be mine when I am older  Big Grin
I am actually very eclectic when it comes to music. I love pretty much everything from Beyonce to Tchaikovsky. I just don't like metal or hard rock
What about you?  Shy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7lfNXddV6A

Even these guys are old now. :o
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
It is the responsibility of the teens to annoy their respective parents, and your child is just fulfilling her responsibility. Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Death Metal forever! \^/

That is all...

Oh, and Saturday Night Fever was cool

Night fever night feeevaaaaa, we know how toddoit umdum dada da da
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 6, 2015 at 1:42 am)c172 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7lfNXddV6A

Even these guys are old now. :o

Oh my gosh, I remember these guys from the soundtrack of Miss Congeniality which is an amazing movie with an even more amazing soundtrack  Heart

(May 6, 2015 at 2:00 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: It is the responsibility of the teens to annoy their respective parents, and your child is just fulfilling her responsibility. Tongue

Parents pay for what they did as teenagers by having teenagers of their own  Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2330 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What to get an ABBA fan for their birthday. Brian37 30 2178 September 17, 2019 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  ABBA come back, eat it haters! Brian37 55 13386 September 25, 2013 at 2:53 pm
  ABBA's Agnetha supports gays. Brian37 7 1915 July 27, 2013 at 3:49 pm
  ABBA ROCKS! Brian37 80 13270 July 18, 2013 at 8:39 am
  Another ABBA thread for your torture. Brian37 29 6365 May 24, 2013 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Violet