Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do femicides really exist?
Do femicides really exist?
Femicide is usually defined as the murder of a woman because of her condition as woman.

Lately this word is being used in the media in my country. And I wonder, do femicides really exist? Are there people out there who kill women for being women? For me this makes no sense.

If a woman is victim of a violent crime, such as rape, then the motivation of the perpetrator is sexual pleasure, not because she is a woman.

If a man kills his partner because she cheated for example, then his motivation was jealousy, not because she was a woman.

And the list goes on. It seems to be people ignore the main cause and use the word femicide because it fits their narrative. If a man is assaulted and murdered, people don’t say he was killed because he was a man. Why the difference?
RE: Do femicides really exist?
If a woman fails to follow rules that are forced on her simply because she is a woman then femicide would apply.
(September 20, 2020 at 5:59 pm)Macoleco Wrote: Femicide is usually defined as the murder of a woman because of her condition as woman.

Lately this word is being used in the media in my country. And I wonder, do femicides really exist? Are there people out there who kill women for being women? For me this makes no sense.

If a woman is victim of a violent crime, such as rape,  then the motivation of the perpetrator is sexual pleasure, not because she is a woman.

If a man kills his partner because she cheated for example, then his motivation was jealousy, not because she was a woman.

And the list goes on. It seems to be people ignore the main cause and use the word femicide because it fits their narrative. If a man is assaulted and murdered, people don’t say he was killed because he was a man. Why the difference?

Yes, it is real. I have been in that horrible space. Cops got lost when they figured out that I was just the latest in a growing list of victims of an insane woman.

That is absolutely not to say that all such claims are false. I know for a fact that women of all ages get placed in shockingly compromising positions.

How do I know that? Because I am a volunteer on support lines and I get to hear, well, tales that make me weep.
(September 20, 2020 at 6:04 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: If a woman fails to follow rules that are forced on her simply because she is a woman then femicide would apply.

I fail to see the logic in your comment. The same would apply for men. And I don’t see the direct relation between following rules and being murdered

(September 20, 2020 at 6:12 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(September 20, 2020 at 5:59 pm)Macoleco Wrote: Femicide is usually defined as the murder of a woman because of her condition as woman.

If a woman is victim of a violent crime, such as rape,  then the motivation of the perpetrator is sexual pleasure, not because she is a woman.

Yes, it is real. I have been in that horrible space. Cops got lost when they figured out that I was just the latest in a growing list of victims of an insane woman.

That is absolutely not to say that all such claims are false. I know for a fact that women of all ages get placed in shockingly compromising positions.

How do I know that? Because I am a volunteer on support lines and I get to hear, well, tales that make me weep.

I don’t see how your comment addresses my question. If a woman calls you because her husband is violent towards her because of, let’s say, jealousy, then that is the cause. Not her condition as a woman.
(September 20, 2020 at 6:28 pm)Macoleco Wrote:
(September 20, 2020 at 6:04 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: If a woman fails to follow rules that are forced on her simply because she is a woman then femicide would apply.

I fail to see the logic in your comment. The same would apply for men. And I don’t see the direct relation between following rules and being murdered.
If we don't talk again I hope you have a nice life.
There are still societies that rid themselves of unwanted female infants by exposure or some other equally gruesome method. This seems the most unarguable form of femicide. The infants arem't killed for standing up for their rights or for economic reasons or for committing some crime or other. They are killed because they are female.

There are also serial killers who prey on exclusively female victims.  They do so from various motivations, but their victims are chosen because they are female, no other reason.

Quote:I fail to see the logic in your comment. The same would apply for men. And I don’t see the direct relation between following rules and being murdered

GS's logic is pretty clear.  If rules are imposed on a woman for no other reason than that she's a woman, her murder for breaking those rules would be femicide. I don't know how you can't get that.

So...yes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
There Can be a “cide” for the killing of any person or a member of any group. So of course there can be a femicide. As can there be a andracide.

The issue is not whether there is femicide or andracide or any other cide. The question is, “does a group suffer from widespread oppression which has led directly To Significant number of fatalities, And the appression is applied to its subject for merely for being members of that group, not any action and choices the members have performed”.
Pregnant women are killed for being/getting pregnant.

It's called itsallyourfaulticide.   Panic

Do we need to consider how many die for menstruating?

(cough cough Nepal cough)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Um. Yeah. They exist.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
In India you see "clinics" with signs that read "healthy BOY OR GIRL?" You can get a gender test and an abortion in quick order if the news is bad. China has a surplus of males because of similar policies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Take out on Xmas day DOES EXIST....... Brian37 18 2628 December 26, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What would you do if you found out I didn't exist? Edwardo Piet 4 806 October 7, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is time travel Impossible Because time Doesn't Exist? budsa11 62 8772 August 27, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does Free Will actually exist? Is there a way to tell? IanHulett 114 14068 February 9, 2015 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Mid-life crises DO exist Rahul 20 2433 March 23, 2014 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  Do aliens exist? Brick-top 31 14838 April 22, 2011 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Santa doesn't exist Welsh cake 17 4212 November 14, 2010 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen