Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little About Me
A Little About Me
Hello everyone! I've little experience in posting on forums so let's just consider this my first every legitimate forum post anywhere on the internet. I won't go into too much detail in this thread and save most of my story for the Converts area!

I am currently a 21 year old student at a community college near my home, in the Bible Belt. I grew up in a Catholic family and attended Catholic school until 6th grade. I have since then questioned what I had been taught an eventually to call myself an atheist.

I spend a majority of my time acting at the community college's theater. I am one of the only atheists at this theatre, making expressing myself fully a difficult task since I am not too fond of entering any conflict at the theater at the moment. The thing is, this theater has shaped much of my life at the moment and made me discover my true potential and open up emotionally and socially in many settings.

This is a condensed version of the story I'd like to tell. I feel this is a good place to start with expressing myself on this matter and would like to get this story off my chest and written down, if anyone will listen. Keep an eye on the Converts thread for my full story if you're interested.

I look forward to using this forum often!

Thanks!

-Wolf
RE: A Little About Me
Greetings, Wolf.  Welcome to our little asylum.
Welcome wolf!
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Welcome!

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Welcome. I used to live in FL, which isn't Bible Belt strictly, but a lot of my neighbors were transplants from Arkansas and other places, and my neighborhood seemed to have a lot of Southern Baptists, including them. I went to a Catholic High School while I was there. It all made FL seem like a very sterile, mean place.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Hey there Wolfie Hi

this is a great place to express yourself and I think I saw an atheist here somewhere
From a bear to a wolf...Welcome  

Their is plenty of room to share for us carnivorous creatures!
Welcome! Welcome
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Welcome Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Sup dawg
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1164 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  BrianSoddingBoru4 is a gutless little shithead. AustralianAtheists 60 3502 December 9, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A little bit about me reasonablerob 17 2767 May 6, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  An introduction, and a little hunor no1453 15 2021 April 18, 2014 at 5:13 am
Last Post: sherley
  FInally stopped lying to myself, now a little lost. hookakat1 39 7178 July 5, 2013 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  Getting to know you all a little better Hughsie 80 17488 October 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  A little belated hello TheJackel 10 4353 April 18, 2012 at 9:26 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Hello.....I have a little problem Tim the plumber 236 56415 October 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Hi, Is time to make this playing field a little more even reasonprevails 25 5916 August 6, 2011 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: reasonprevails