Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little introduction
A little introduction
Hello! I'm "satansprostate", or Renee. I'm 20 years old and I use she/her pronouns. I was raised Christian for basically my entire life, up until I was 18 and moved out. I was a "closet atheist" from the time I was 12 or 13, and I guess I still am considered that since my family is unaware of my not-being-religious status. I found YouTubers like Jaclyn Glenn, Repzion, the Angry Atheist and the Atheist Voice and kind of went on from there. When I was younger I learned about other religions like it was my job, mainly to possibly find a new faith. 

It turns out none were really my thing, and as I've gotten older I've become more okay with that. I think I've been programmed to think I need a God or a religion or belief system made out for me, and I don't. I am apart of the Satanic Temple, and that's non-theistic. 

I am apart of the atheist subreddit (and all other atheist-related subreddits) and there's not a ton happening on them. I figured it wouldn't hurt to look for a forum for specifically atheists and atheist-related topics. I'm not someone who's super into debating, but I like watching and reading them. So yeah, that's a little bit about me and hopefully I'm putting this in the right place.
RE: A little introduction
Yes u are and welcome.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Hello from EU.
Welcome. You will be asked about tacos. Feel free to ignore the question.

Love the name, by the way. For a brief, horrifying time on Yahoo! chat, I was known as ‘God’s Left Testicle’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome to the forum.

' as I've gotten old'......... at 20? That one made me smile, thanks. Great
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 23, 2021 at 9:44 am)brewer Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

ahhh I meant older!! lol that's what i get for thinking too fast for my fingers.
20 + she/her + TST 
Demon
Hello! Smile
(June 23, 2021 at 10:07 am)satansprostate Wrote:
(June 23, 2021 at 9:44 am)brewer Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

ahhh I meant older!! lol that's what i get for thinking too fast for my fingers.

Um....... TST? Toronto School of Theology: https://www.tst.edu/

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Old farts and Acronyms.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 23, 2021 at 12:10 pm)brewer Wrote:
(June 23, 2021 at 10:07 am)satansprostate Wrote: ahhh I meant older!! lol that's what i get for thinking too fast for my fingers.

Um....... TST? Toronto School of Theology: https://www.tst.edu/

Old farts and Acronyms.

Nope, sorry! The Satanic Temple. Should have clarified. Whoopsie.
20 + she/her + TST 
Demon
(June 23, 2021 at 4:34 pm)satansprostate Wrote:
(June 23, 2021 at 12:10 pm)brewer Wrote: Um....... TST? Toronto School of Theology: https://www.tst.edu/

Old farts and Acronyms.

Nope, sorry! The Satanic Temple. Should have clarified. Whoopsie.

Well, if Brewer weren't such an old fart, he'd have done what I did and Googled it.   Hehe

(Pretty sure I'm older than Brewer.)

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 727 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 963 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1947 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1363 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3947 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2259 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1987 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BrianSoddingBoru4 is a gutless little shithead. AustralianAtheists 60 3433 December 9, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 976 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2898 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2