Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, Is time to make this playing field a little more even
Hi, Is time to make this playing field a little more even
Hi, I join this forum because most of my friends are Christian and they think that because I dont believe in "God" something is wrong with me. I did my own research on religion and it just never made sense to me, how can God be so self centered and sadistic if he is suppose to represent the ultimate good. In the end, it is just a big massive brain wash. One of my favorite writers is Mark Twain, he has many good quotes on religion like this one: "Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight." That is basically what religion is, a war between who's view of God is the right one, and if you are not with them, you are marginalized and outcast from your community.

Ppl dont see how closed minded and out of date today's religion really is, they rather live in bliss ignorance, than face the truth of our inevitable mortality, while the greatest propaganda known to men, religion, takes control of their minds and turns them into another sheep living in fear of not living up to the expectation of their creator and being slaughter like the sinner they think they are. Ppl are so afraid of death that they created religion to ease their fears, but soon it became a way for the governing bodies of countries and states to control people and make them live in fear. Why is believing in Greek Gods called Greek Mythology, but believing in a God that is omnipotent and has control over our universe accepted as truth?

Everyone knows the definition of a myth-a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature. (Or as I like to call it, a myth is everyone else's religion). Well, I got news for you so called Christians, your religion is no different from what you call Greek Mythology, you just think that your way of viewing the world is the right way because that is what today's society wants you to think, but just because is the belief that is widely accept by society does not make it any less of a myth.

There is no substantial evidence whatsoever, it is all in your head. And I know what all believers say next, "You just have to have faith." To that I respond, You can spit in one hand and hope in the other and see which one fills up first. I know this post is a little to aggressive towards Christians, but they been attacking my beliefs for 15 years, is about time to make the playing field a little more even.

"I cannot see how a man of any large degree of humorous perception can ever be religious--unless he purposely shut the eyes of his mind & keep them shut by force." -Mark Twain
RE: Hi, Is time to make this playing field more even
Welcome to the forums.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Hi, Is time to make this playing field a little more even
Welcome. I love your name, though it is sadly untrue. Smile
(August 5, 2011 at 1:56 am)Shell B Wrote: Welcome. I love your name, though it is sadly untrue. Smile

give it another thousand years lol
Don't listen to her, she's not a real mod.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 5, 2011 at 1:59 am)reasonprevails Wrote:
(August 5, 2011 at 1:56 am)Shell B Wrote: Welcome. I love your name, though it is sadly untrue. Smile

give it another thousand years lol

no, but seriously reason does prevail, given the fact that you are a reasonable person, sadly, religion has taken reason out of many humans and turn them into mere sheep.
I'm just really good at faking it.
Welcome!

I like the Mark Twain quotes, nice entrance.
Where do I find meaning? ----> pleasure -----> hedonism

Where do I find meaning? ----> Wikipedia -----> lazy

Depends on what you mean by meaning.
(August 5, 2011 at 2:02 am)Shell B Wrote: I'm just really good at faking it.

A common talent I'm told.
Welcome Chip. (That is a huge one on your shoulder)

Seems like your all set to be exactly all those things you're complaining of: Intolerant & ignorant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1164 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  BrianSoddingBoru4 is a gutless little shithead. AustralianAtheists 60 3502 December 9, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hello, even if a bit belated Primordial Bisque 21 2247 September 10, 2016 at 12:54 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  A Little About Me Wolf Denn 20 2900 May 14, 2015 at 1:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A little bit about me reasonablerob 17 2767 May 6, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  An introduction, and a little hunor no1453 15 2021 April 18, 2014 at 5:13 am
Last Post: sherley
  FInally stopped lying to myself, now a little lost. hookakat1 39 7179 July 5, 2013 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  Getting to know you all a little better Hughsie 80 17488 October 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  A Missionary's Kid, Now Playing for the Other Team elefacets 12 3987 June 9, 2012 at 5:46 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  A little belated hello TheJackel 10 4353 April 18, 2012 at 9:26 am
Last Post: frankiej