Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indoctrination by internet
Indoctrination by internet
http://www.christianforumsite.com/thread...ion.42443/

I know I'm guilty of browsing christian sites, I make no apologies. This particular one somehow makes things real, a young man brought up in christian faith who seems to be having real struggles with "hearing god". The fact that he doesn't hear anything (surprise) evokes the usual responses. Just seeing it happen really saddens me, I can almost sense his life being wasted as the congregation gathers round him urging him to keep listening for something that doesn't exist. Perhaps he will eventually convince himself that he can hear the voice of god, what a sad demise into delusion. I only hope he hangs onto his instinct to question and breaks free.

Some extracts (OP first) and some replies.

"I "tried" God, but it does not seem to work, at least for me. I know that the Christian God is real, and that He is all that He says He is, because of the accuracy of the Bible and the accounts of multiple people telling the same exact thing when it comes total their experience with God. So I know that I cannot give up, because hell is waiting for me if I do. Just the thought of completely rejecting Jesus scares me."

"Juk you want to start exercising your faith? 
Then start speaking what it says in His word. The written word of God says 
His sheep here His voice...........you are His sheep so STOP this I cant hear His voice and start saying what He says in His word. Brother in time this will turn it all around. "

"Well you have two choices. Either you join the unsaved and live your life like them or you detest that and live your life according to God's commandments. Whether you hear or feel God isirrelevant. Whether you are happy or not is irrelevant. All that is relevant is whether you love what is sick and evil or hate it and cling to what is good.

Enjoy your life? You are not to be mindful of YOU enjoying YOUR life. We are here to serve God. If we love what is good, this will bring us joy.

The world is like a juicy looking apple with worms in it. On face value it looks fun. But behind the scenes people are covering up their emptiness, misery and darkness. There is a reason God wantsNOTHING to do for all eternity with ''the world''. 

As you grow as a Christian you will learn that scripture is God's provision for us. It is our food. It is God talking to us. It is God being literal with us. Just decide to follow Jesus Matt 16:24 and read and read and read scripture. All your hang ups will be dealt with."

It's a sickening thing to see.
RE: Indoctrination by internet
Quote: As you grow as a Christian you will learn that scripture is God's provision for us.

Xtians never grow.
I think I've identified the problem

OP Wrote:But I do like Spiderman, although I don't like to read books except for the Bible.

dude needs help and support, not preaching... a proper work of non-fictional literature wouldn't hurt either
A iserable life as the slave to a book is better to them than being happy in the one life you have that isn't debatable.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

It's heartbreaking to see the virus of religion (in this case christianity) being passed on. So sad.

It's a shame to see a young mind that wants to ask questions being led down a path that forbids questioning.
So you basically are forced to sell your "mind" in exchange for your "soul".
It's amazing how the 2 are mutually exclusive.

It's probably no exaggeration when we call them "Theological Zombies".
scary stuff indeed.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The self-loathing evident in the replies is sad.

Ugh... this is disgusting. How long before he drives himself half insane, or just starts pretending? He badly needs someone rational to talk to Sad Fucking religion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Does there come a point in the indoctrination where you pretend that you hear god or you actually convince yourself that some of your thoughts actually come from god?

Must be extremely damaging for a young mind and so difficult to reverse. You can see why they like to get 'em young. Makes my skin crawl to be honest.
That just made me feel extremely bad for the OP you quoted. He's asking for help, and the answers he is given are that his happiness, his whole LIFE don't matter except as a slave to god. It's sick, and sad. It makes me angry, too.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6085 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  School Indoctrination zebo-the-fat 4 1326 September 7, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3088 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Ken Ham petulantly stamps his feet at reality, internet replies, "this is stupid." Esquilax 92 21228 February 19, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Indoctrination & Mental Gymnastics Glitch 180 30124 January 19, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  indoctrination of children markib64 22 4058 October 24, 2014 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Child Indoctrination how to break BlackSwordsman 21 3679 April 27, 2014 at 4:26 am
Last Post: Aisha
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 32489 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Russian church urges monks to shun Internet cratehorus 0 1082 June 15, 2013 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: cratehorus