Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello World!
Hello World!
I found this site through Google and decided to sign up because I've been looking for a community with like-minded individuals. I don't know any atheists personally other than my brother. I grew up in a religious household, though it was never forced on me. My moms side of the family is mainy christian while my dad's side is mainly jehovas witness. I went to church when I was little and even went to a christian school in high school(which I dreaded every single day). It was partly because of the christian school I went to that I became an atheist, how ironic. Well, I guess that's it really, I don't have any wild and interesting stories to share about my atheism. I'm sure im going to have meaningful discussions with you guys and learn a thing or two.
RE: Hello World!
Hello and Welcome!

Now you know one.

But wait, half your family is JW? You have got to have some weird stories...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hi there Hi

We did have a couple of atheists here somewhere...
(May 11, 2015 at 5:01 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Hi there Hi

I get confused. Are we the people's front of atheism or the atheistic people's front?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Hello Smile
And  Welcome
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
(May 11, 2015 at 5:04 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(May 11, 2015 at 5:01 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Hi there Hi

I get confused. Are we the people's front of atheism or the atheistic people's front?

What does that even mean though
answer C
(May 11, 2015 at 5:11 pm)Neimenovic Wrote:
(May 11, 2015 at 5:04 pm)Alex K Wrote: I get confused. Are we the people's front of atheism or the atheistic people's front?

What does that even mean though
answer C

Sigh.

Welcome new guy!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome FNA! Nice to meet you Smile

I look forward to hearing more from you.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 11, 2015 at 5:12 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(May 11, 2015 at 5:11 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: What does that even mean though
answer C

Sigh.

Oh Alex, just give up on it already. I've made it my goal to never understand any reference you make. At least this way I can accomplish something

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1958 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Hello world Alexander The Great 27 2788 August 20, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Lightbulb Hello World Society 16 1798 April 29, 2016 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  hello world DeadChannel 19 2081 January 10, 2015 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
Rainbow Hello World PerfectRecall17 21 2996 November 9, 2014 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: PerfectRecall17
  Hello world. FilthyMeat 27 2296 May 30, 2014 at 9:38 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hello World Escherscurtain 10 1787 March 22, 2014 at 10:02 pm