Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life after death
Life after death
So as some of you may know I go to a catholic school (unfortunately) and I have to deal with religion on a daily basis. In my school library I encountered a book called 'Religion and Life' and in this book it has different debates on different subjects ( some of the debates are quite biased towards catholicism). One of the debates was about life after death and the 'proof' for heaven etc. The first bit of evidence was "This is why Christians believe in life after death. For them, the death and resurrection of Jesus proves it beyond point" next to the quote there's a picture of a crucifix. To start off with what kind of evidence is this? It proves nothing. The scary thing is 98% of my school goes along this line of reasoning. THe next amazing bit of evidence is 'Because Jesus taght it' then below it says 'During his time on earth, on several occasions, Jesus told his followers that they must believe in him in order to gain eternal life' Then the underneath that the author gives a quote from the Bible (which again proves jack shit) "I am the  resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live" (John 11:25) . So yeah. This next bit of evidence/ argument is probably my favourite. It states that some guy asked a bunch of Christians wether life after death mattered and apparently one of them answered "Life would be pointless if there wasn't any eternal life." This is probably the most common argument alot of Christian pose. It makes no sense. Personally as an atheist that believes in no life after death then I have more to live for and I'll try to make the best out of my only life. This is the last bit of very accurate evidence. The authore wrote "Because the Bible says so" (in fact another popular reason amongst Catholics) then it gives to Bible passages. "For God loved the world so much the he gave his only son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die, but have eternal life." (John 3:16). raised" (1 Corin"But the truth is that Christ has been raised from the dead, as the guarantee that those who sleep in death will also be  raised " (1 Corithians 15:20) So all in all I find alot of this book to be garbage (not all of it just the majority). I find the evidence that is given to be complete bullsh*t that proves nothing. Thanks for reading this.
Humanity's downfall is a trust in a God that isn't there.

The Acacia Strain-Our lady of perpetual sorrow
RE: Life after death
It's bible bullshit.  It has nothing to do with evidence.
It is no evidence whatsoever. Makes you wonder if they even know what the word means.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Primitive fear that somehow made its way into written language. Death sucks. And it's going to happen. Some of us choose not to be in denial about it. (Like all of christianity)
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
So....the bible is right, cos the bible.

It makes PERFECT SENSE!! why didn't I think of that?!
(June 1, 2015 at 4:25 pm)piterski123 Wrote: I find the evidence that is given to be complete bullsh*t that proves nothing. Thanks for reading this.
Just so you know for future reference, HERE we encourage you to cuss.

FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIT!

It's actually quite liberating.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(June 1, 2015 at 4:25 pm)piterski123 Wrote: This next bit of evidence/ argument is probably my favourite. It states that some guy asked a bunch of Christians wether life after death mattered and apparently one of them answered "Life would be pointless if there wasn't any eternal life." 

This life is pretty pointless if you believe that after death you will live an eternity.
(June 1, 2015 at 5:06 pm)Nesto. No piterski123 Wrote:
(June 1, 2015 at 4:25 pm)piterski123 Wrote: I find the evidence that is given to be complete bullsh*t that proves nothing. Thanks for reading this.
Just so you know for future reference, HERE we encourage you to cuss.

FUCK SHIT FUCK SHIT!

It's actually quite liberating.

What we're saying is there might be an afterlife and a god. But not for the reasons anybody is aware of.
And almost certainly not in the way described by cave dwelling goat fuckers.
There  is no such thing as "supernatural" in this natural universe.
There is only manipulation of man by man.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
404 Life after death not found
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(June 1, 2015 at 4:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's bible bullshit.  It has nothing to do with evidence.

Yep ^

The Bible is not evidence, it is the claim.

Using the claim as evidence for the claim is, say it with me folks, "circular reasoning".

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Thank God" after the fact. Brian37 44 2659 June 4, 2021 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2447 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Conspiracy after the fact onlinebiker 7 1539 October 14, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2801 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  What is the logic in "life after death"? Fake Messiah 52 8077 March 11, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: comet
  An eternal life is a worthless life. Lucanus 47 12420 December 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7873 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath 15 6291 October 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Restoring Faith After a Challenge to It Zazzy 22 5144 October 15, 2013 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Zazzy
  Dumped by girlfriend/boyfriend after joining the Mormon church? RichardP 21 6782 April 22, 2013 at 7:00 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko