Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP POTUS Candidates: A Field Full of Dominionists
GOP POTUS Candidates: A Field Full of Dominionists
From Patheos.com:

Quote:The Growing Threat of Christian Dominionism

The New Apostolic Reformation is a dominionist group with close ties to many Republican politicians, including presidential candidates.

By Gus diZerega

Christian dominionists seeking to impose theocratic rule on others are powerful beyond their numbes, and Pagans should keep a sharp eye on them. Their power comes from two factors: First, they manipulate our system to influence high levels of government. Second, and more importantly, they take advantage of a flaw that I hope will not be fatal to how American elections are conducted.

Who are these people?

Katherine Stewart reports in The Guardian how several hundred thousand school children will be taught after school that when God says to kill people, their responsibility as Christians is to kill them, and to do so without questioning his orders. Stewart has written a book about the so-called Good News Clubs that are behind this, but they make up only part of the problem.
“The Family” counts among its members many leading Republican senators and others in government and the military. They also created the national “Prayer Breakfast,” which gets national attention as a religious gathering, and even presidents attend.

Jeff Sharlet, who deeply researched these people, describes how its leader, Doug Coe, told people they need to “emulate” totalitarian regimes in which children kill or inform on their parents in order to build a new society. While this seems a repudiation of Christian principles, those acting for God have different rules to follow than the rest of us. Doug Coe's son and The Family's heir apparent, David, explained what it meant to be a divinely chosen leader:

he asked a young man who'd put himself, body and soul, under The Family's authority, “Let's say I hear you raped three little girls. What would I think of you?” The man guessed that Coe would probably think he was a monster. “No,” answered Coe, “I wouldn't.” Why? Because as a member of the Family, he's among what Family leaders refer to as the “new chosen.” If you're chosen, the normal rules don't apply.

The Republican roster of men and women running for POTUS is replete with Dominionists or those with Dominionist connections.

Ben Carson—not overtly Dominionist publically, but at least a creationist.

Ted Cruz—a follower of Dominion Theology, father is a Dominionist Christian preacher, who called his son “the annointed one.”

Carly Fiorina—her views on climate change called into question. No known connections to Dominionism.

Lindsey Graham—No known connections to Dominionism, seems more moderate than the rest of GOP.

Mike Huckabee—Fundie preacher and Dominionist, through and through.

George Pataki—so moderate that he is the GOP's red-headed step child.

Rand Paul—Dominionist in Libertarian clothing.

Rick Perry—Dominionist, panders to the Religious Right.

Marco Rubio—Tea Party darling, youngest candidate running, born outside the U.S.

Rick Santorum—Openly buddies with well known Dominionists, including Pastor John Hagee, attends many Dominionist conferenes and gatherings/political rallies.

Six out of these 10 GOP candidates have connections and ties to the traitorous Dominionist movment and are at least the favorites of the Tea Party and bosom buddies of known Dominionist leaders, movers, and shakers. If this is not a warning sign of what is really going on in our politics, then I do not know what is.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: GOP POTUS Candidates: A Field Full of Dominionists
Quote:Ted Cruz—a follower of Dominion Theology, father is a Dominionist Christian preacher, who called his son “the annointed one.”

The Daily Kos just called him the Biggest Asshole in America.
The GOP has power no doubt about it, but the old guard is on its way out and I disagree with the author of the article.

Yes, the candidates are largely religious twits but if they think that this "return to family values-lets restore biblical morality" is going to breeze them through to a campaign win - well, I think they're sorely mistaken. 

They truly are stupid if they think that all Americans want is some evangelical president fighting back the gays and restoring white america.  Yes, we have a LOT of idiots who will vote in that direction, but I truly believe that what most Americans (even the religious twits) want is the semblance of a government that isn't screwing us over while fucking over the rest of the world in the process.  

What do we want?
From what I can tell, most everyone wants the same few things ...
Fix our infrastructure. 
Tend to problems at home, leave other countries alone.
Stop raising the national debt
Fix this health care debacle (national health care can work - if done correctly)
Hold Financial institutions responsible.
Hold China responsible to fair trade

There are other things of course, but the one thing I have NEVER heard when talking to hundreds of other Americans is:
"I sure wish we had a president who was a fundamental christian that kept gays down and had more public bible readings."

Yeah, if the GOP bets all their money on religious twittery, they're going to be very very sorry.
Yes, there's a lot of idiot baby boomers still ruining our country, but christianity is slowly dying and I believe with every passing year, people care less and less for the old guard trying to sell their fucking god to everyone.

MHO
[Image: Evolution.png]

(June 4, 2015 at 8:16 pm)Cinjin Wrote: The GOP has power no doubt about it, but the old guard is on its way out and I disagree with the author of the article.

Yes, the candidates are largely religious twits but if they think that this "return to family values-lets restore biblical morality" is going to breeze them through to a campaign win - well, I think they're sorely mistaken. 

They truly are stupid if they think that all Americans want is some evangelical president fighting back the gays and restoring white america.  Yes, we have a LOT of idiots who will vote in that direction, but I truly believe that what most Americans (even the religious twits) want is the semblance of a government that isn't screwing us over while fucking over the rest of the world in the process.  

What do we want?
From what I can tell, most everyone wants the same few things ...
Fix our infrastructure. 
Tend to problems at home, leave other countries alone.
Stop raising the national debt
Fix this health care debacle (national health care can work - if done correctly)
Hold Financial institutions responsible.
Hold China responsible to fair trade

There are other things of course, but the one thing I have NEVER heard when talking to hundreds of other Americans is:
"I sure wish we had a president who was a fundamental christian that kept gays down and had more public bible readings."

Yeah, if the GOP bets all their money on religious twittery, they're going to be very very sorry.
Yes, there's a lot of idiot baby boomers still ruining our country, but christianity is slowly dying and I believe with every passing year, people care less and less for the old guard trying to sell their fucking god to everyone.

MHO

I agree with you that the majority of Americans want good things for their lives and for every other citizen, everything you mentioned and then some.  I want those things.  But it would be a mistake to underestimate the power and influence of the Right-wing theocrats.  Elections can be and have been fixed and stolen.  Dominionists are not just in politics and the judiciary, they are in the military too.  Watch carefully how the next presidential elections go.  There is going to be a lot of fishy stuff going on with the ballots.  A majority of progressives were counting on the last mid-terms to get what they wanted, and they were sorely disappointed.  We are going to be sorely disappointed again.  The high chances are 2016 will see the first Dominionist president elected.  If not, then very close to it by a small margin.  And if they do not win this year, they will maneuver, manipulate, and try again.  Dominionists are very patient parasites.  They have been planning to destroy our democracy and replace it with a theocracy since the late 1960s.
While your closings remarks are undeniably true...the dominionist faction consitently manages to come across like moustache twiddling cartoon villians.  They are idiots, they need only an opportunity to open their mouths and remove all doubt.   They won't take control of our government until they can learn to shut their traps and play the game (which will be never, they're compelled by their faith to continue spouting profoundly ignorant shit every chance they get).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I would only classify Huckabee, Santorum and maybe Cruz as Dominionists. Far from fearing them, I welcome nutjobs like them to run for the Republican ticket because it paints the party in a bad light. These idiots would have no chance in the general election but I'd love to see one of them nominated. The crushing defeat they would receive might be the wake-up call the Republicans need to purge the religious right from their ranks and establish a base closer to the center.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
-just an addendum.  While it's possible that a dominionist might win the office, essentially by default through the ineffectiveness of the left and the general urge not to follow up two dem presidencies with a third...that can't and won't be seen as a vote for dominionism.  I have trust in americans, I really do.  I think that the office of the presidency wouldn't be as kind or useful to christian dominionism as they might wish for it to be.  Nothing gets lampooned and forever stigmatized like the silly shit a jackass president says, eh?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Bobby Jindal is the latest Right-Wing Republican throwing his hat into the ring, bringing the total number of Dominionists currently running for President to 7: Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Bobby Jindal.

Dominionists want to establish in America a fascist Christian state.  They want to replace our secular democracy with a theocracy.  Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.  Watch them very carefully.

Quote:This is not just about where to draw the line on separation of church and state, this is advocating an actual, genuine theocracy. Hell, Jindal said so in the invitation to the event, which said:
“We are in need of spiritual and transforming revival if we are to recapture the vision of our early leaders who signed on the Mayflower, ‘In the name of God and for the advancement of the Christian faith.’”
That vision was not of a free society, it was of a brutal and oppressive Christian theocracy. In the Plymouth Bay Colony that was established by the Mayflower Compact, you could be fined, imprisoned, exiled and even put to death just for being the wrong brand of Christian, much less a Jew, Muslim or atheist.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2...yer-rally/
Dominionist number nine has just joined the ranks as the 15th Republican candidate:

Quote: Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, who built a national conservative following by crippling public employee unions and then defeating a forceful effort to recall him, announced on Monday that he is running for president as a Washington outsider whose taste for big fights would lead to a smaller federal government.
Borowitz:  He has a point.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...NzUyNDU3S0

Quote:Poll: Palin Would Bring Much-Needed Dignity to Republican Field

Quote:In the words of one voter who was surveyed, “When I hear some of these candidates talk, I sure do miss Sarah Palin.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2042 114063 24 minutes ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 917 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9714 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2659 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1320 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1574 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1084 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2390 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone just watch POTUS/Nacy/Chuck? Brian37 5 629 December 12, 2018 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Brian37
  If right wingers are inbred, are left wingers full of AIDS? Raue8ur 1 464 November 20, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: no one