Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charlatan selling Autism Cures Exposed
Charlatan selling Autism Cures Exposed
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33079776

Quote:Mr Edwards has been linked to the Genesis II Church, an American organisation which describes itself as a "non-religious church of health and healing".
This is purportedly achieved through the used of so-called "Miracle Mineral Solution" (MMS), a bleach which is produced by mixing the two chemicals.
Experts said it is untrue any such mixture could cure autism and warned its use could lead to serious harm or death.

Stop exporting your crazy America!

I mean drinking bleach to cure yourself of autism? I'm ashamed that people in my country fell for that, almost as ashamed as I am that I belong to a species where a person can delude themselves into thinking that's an actual thing.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: Charlatan selling Autism Cures Exposed
He's either a lying sleazebag or mentally ill, and comprehending the harm he's done whatever the reason for it makes me sick to my stomach

I don't know what is scarier: the thought that a looney like him can gain followers sincerely believing his delusion or the thought that a human being can be so cruel and dishonest as to deceive and deliberately harm others for his own personal gain

Either way, I'm glad he's exposed and hope he'll serve as an example for the future
How repulsive! It's not actually any more dishonest than the rest of those that sell woo for cash, it just happens to be obviously harmful in this instance.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 16, 2015 at 4:12 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: I mean drinking bleach to cure yourself of autism?

In a sense, bleach can cure autism. If you're dead, you no longer suffer from the ailment, that's for sure.

I'm always amazed at the idiots falling for these schemes. If your doctor doesn't know of a cure, it's a good indicaton that a wayward snake oil seller won't have the answer either.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Well people still believe in homoeopathy so bleach isn't that far-fetched.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

From the article:

'They're never gonna shut me down.  All they can do is put me in a prison cell.'

Well....ok.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Maybe declare him autistic and feed him his own medicine?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(June 16, 2015 at 4:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: All they can do is put me in a prison cell.'

It's a start.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 16, 2015 at 5:04 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Maybe declare him autistic and feed him his own medicine?

apparently he's had it injected in his ass.

I mean, you know you're talking to someone not all there when they inject bleach into their ass, and not in a 'lets make anal play clean and fun' kinda way.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I wonder, if anyone ever tried making a homeopathic solution of MMS in holy water... And then using it for colonic irrigation, while chiropractor fractures their spine and an acupuncturist gives them hepatitis B. In for a penny...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Literalism and Autism Acrobat 88 6925 September 27, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Another NDE Scam Exposed Minimalist 8 1059 April 15, 2018 at 8:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Selling your soul. Chad32 38 9316 August 11, 2015 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Vatican ‘rent-boy’ prostitution ring exposed: ‘underage boys’ exploited Gooders1002 11 5734 July 15, 2013 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist