Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half full, half empty.
Half full, half empty.
We've all heard the old saw, how the optimist sees the glass as half full, while the pessimist sees it as half empty.  It strikes me as unfair that only these two groups get to be involved.  With that in mind:

-The engineer sees it as a glass that is twice as big as it needs to be.

-The creationist sees it as half a Flood.

-The Marxist sees it as a plot by the bourgeoisie to withhold a vital commodity from the workers.

-The housecat sees it as a way to make you buy a new keyboard.

-The surrealist painter sees it as a giraffe eating a necktie.

Any others?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Half full, half empty.
How about - realistic approach?

[Image: piss.jpg]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
The depressive looks at the half full glass and says, "My life is shit and dull."
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The alcoholic always sees the glass as 'could be fuller'
the drunk sees it as time to think about what he's having next
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 24, 2015 at 4:36 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: How about - realistic approach?

[Image: piss.jpg]

So - American beer?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A pessimist fish sees a glass half full, an optimist fish sees a glass half empty
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Optimus Prime looks at half a glass of water and says, "Fuck, I can't turn into that!"
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The atheist sees the half empty glass as one more sign that there is obviously no benevolent God, and theists are delusional.

The muslim sees it as a jewish conspiracy.

Baptists think it is a sign of the End Times

Orthodox Jews think "Oy gevalt, why must this happen to me on the beginning of shabbes"

Catholics think "Meh, water"

Scientologists will claim it is full, and anyone who disagrees is an oppressive person
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

A not-sure-ist (me) see the glass and thinks, "not sure if I should drink it".
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I would like to share the 2 and a half rules of comedy 😁 HankMoody316 11 1621 November 6, 2022 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Everywhere you look, Full House Spoof.... Brian37 15 1072 March 14, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dumbest thing your other half has said? ignoramus 6 1017 February 3, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  A Magic (The Gathering) Binder Full of Women thesummerqueen 3 1859 October 19, 2012 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen