Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to share the 2 and a half rules of comedy 😁
I would like to share the 2 and a half rules of comedy 😁
Here are the first 2 rules of comedy that I shared four days ago on another message board/forum are:
  1. Always leave them wanting more (them = the audience)
  2. If you have to explain a joke, it's not funny
The 3rd rule (which is kinda/sorta a "half rule") is a comment I "borrowed" from Reddit and which I wholly agree with:

I am the funniest Mormon on the planet and I hereby make a promise:

My implicitly-binding promise: if one or more atheists helps me convert the "half rule" (which doesn't have the formatting, brevity, nor form of a "rule" compared to the first two) into a "full rule", then I promise to share some humor on par with that which induced laughter so profuse, that the audio of that laughter I caused sits on YouTube right now on sale for over $250,000 due to how valuable I believe that laughter to be worth! (based on intrinsic NPV/DCF valuation of supply & demand) 😎

Since atheists believe in evidence, here is the message digest when the 43-character youtube url (containing the laughter audio which is so maniacal that it's worth a quarter million dollars) when it undergoes SHA-512 encryption: 

I'm a technophile and I love learning about cool stuff such as cryptography and math! 😁
Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yes, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards to children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. 🙏
RE: I would like to share the 2 and a half rules of comedy 😁
Administrator Notice
You might want to read our rules.  We have a specific rule about posting things that have been written and posted elsewhere.  Particularly rule #1.  You can find a link to the rules at the top of each page on the forum.  Consider this your one free pass.

Links are not allowed - read the 30/30 rule.  Preaching is ill-advised.

Consider the ice beneath your feet to be pretty damn thin, funny man.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 6, 2022 at 5:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
Administrator Notice
You might want to read our rules.  We have a specific rule about posting things that have been written and posted elsewhere.  Particularly rule #1.  You can find a link to the rules at the top of each page on the forum.  Consider this your one free pass.

Links are not allowed - read the 30/30 rule.  Preaching is ill-advised.

Consider the ice beneath your feet to be pretty damn thin, funny man.

Not to mention advertising without prior permission.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If they want more, you suck.
(November 6, 2022 at 5:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Links are not allowed - read the 30/30 rule.  Preaching is ill-advised.
Yeah, got smacked around on that one too. You guys don't know what you're missing until November 23.
(November 6, 2022 at 8:53 pm)LinuxGal Wrote:
(November 6, 2022 at 5:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Links are not allowed - read the 30/30 rule.  Preaching is ill-advised.
Yeah, got smacked around on that one too. You guys don't know what you're missing until November 23.

At that time, I will welcome your links.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 6, 2022 at 8:53 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: Yeah, got smacked around on that one too. You guys don't know what you're missing until November 23.

I cannot recall, but I too might have been smacked with that one when I first joined nearly ten years ago.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 6, 2022 at 9:08 pm)Tomato Wrote:
(November 6, 2022 at 8:53 pm)LinuxGal Wrote: Yeah, got smacked around on that one too. You guys don't know what you're missing until November 23.

I cannot recall, but I too might have been smacked with that one when I first joined nearly ten years ago.

The way I read the rules, I thought I was good.  Posting a screenshot of my terminal in reply to a Linux comment, for example.  It's not like I was selling little blue pills or something.
(November 6, 2022 at 9:11 pm)LinuxGal Wrote:
(November 6, 2022 at 9:08 pm)Tomato Wrote: I cannot recall, but I too might have been smacked with that one when I first joined nearly ten years ago.

The way I read the rules, I thought I was good.  Posting a screenshot of my terminal in reply to a Linux comment, for example.  It's not like I was selling little blue pills or something.

That's the reason the rule exists.  It's not unusual for people to show up and spam the board with links that may or may not be legit.  30/30 isn't unreasonable.  The original staff didn't put the rule in place just 'cause.  Current staff's job is to make sure the rules are followed.  It's nothing personal.

You know what's really funny? A Mormon who named themselves after the drunken sex addict from Californication.

Then again, given that Joseph Smith himself not only liked drinking alcohol (it's worth noting that the LDS only went full Prohibition in their interpretation of the Word of Wisdom in the 1900s) and allegedly came up with the whole "plural marriage" thing because he got caught with his pants down with Fanny Alger and didn't want to admit that he broke the Seventh Commandment, it's not too big of a stretch.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion - A comedy of errors ignoramus 10 1691 July 16, 2021 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Night of the living comedy. Brian37 1 362 March 16, 2021 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Whose 2nd coming would you like most? Fake Messiah 24 1117 February 13, 2021 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Things You'll Never See In Films But Would Like To BrianSoddingBoru4 36 1940 November 25, 2020 at 11:56 am
  Comedy spoof movies you'd love to see..... Brian37 21 1590 September 26, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  What Would You Like Named After You? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1648 March 18, 2020 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Comedy songs fredd bear 7 785 February 17, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Serious comedy with a real serious message. Brian37 2 337 June 7, 2018 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I just had to share this pic with you guys Alexmahone 14 1122 May 26, 2018 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you have any funny/embarrassing moments you’re willing to share? Coveny 10 1373 March 24, 2018 at 4:42 am