Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd PM from New Member
Odd PM from New Member
I just received a strange PM from a new member with zero posts.  I suspect that it is a form of spam.  To whom should I forward this message for evaluation?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: Odd PM from New Member
Any member of the mod/admin team will do. I don't think the report function works for PMs, but you could try it anyways just to create a report.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
There is no report button for PMs though
Odd PM from New Member
Did it say Jesus Saves? Because that would be pretty spammy Wink
**Crickets** -- God
(June 27, 2015 at 11:26 am)Neimenovic Wrote: There is no report button for PMs though

Ok. Then just send it to me and I'll create the necessary paperwork.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member photos thread closed. Ravenshire 15 1985 November 18, 2018 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Curious about a missing member. Ravenshire 13 2421 May 27, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How about a "Member Announcement" area? Foxaèr 19 2126 November 1, 2017 at 10:41 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I want to post about a family member anonymously hogwash 24 4011 August 7, 2015 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  New member guide robvalue 19 4324 July 13, 2015 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Can we only give one +1 rating to each member? KevinM1 20 3135 February 13, 2015 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Proposed Award - New Member of the Month Jackalope 7 3908 January 2, 2012 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  member list bozo 7 4243 June 14, 2009 at 6:26 am
Last Post: bozo