Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious about a missing member.
Curious about a missing member.
I've been reviewing some of my old posts and have run across some instances of kudos being given by people who have apparently vanished completely.

[Image: Kudos.jpg]

The theme continues in the "My Kudos" pages.

[Image: Kudos2.jpg]

I'm not trying to out someone or uncover some dark conspiracy. I'm just curios what happened. Software glitch? Member so reprehensible that banning wasn't enough?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
RE: Curious about a missing member.
(May 20, 2018 at 8:11 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: I've been reviewing some of my old posts and have run across some instances of kudos being given by people who have apparently vanished completely.

[Image: Kudos.jpg]

The theme continues in the "My Kudos" pages.

[Image: Kudos2.jpg]

I'm not trying to out someone or uncover some dark conspiracy. I'm just curios what happened. Software glitch? Member so reprehensible that banning wasn't enough?

Uh-oh.

Someone has stumbled upon the disappeared ones.

Let me just state now, for the record, that there is NO secret group among the staff who have the job to identify potential dangers to the world and erase those individuals from history.

None at all.

Whatever you may have read.

Aliens!
Dying to live, living to die.
What page of your kudos is this?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 20, 2018 at 8:24 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: What page of your kudos is this?

Really old, 462. And, not the first one I've seen.
Seems to be users that literally don't exist in the DB any more. That's user 4912.

https://atheistforums.org/user-4912.html
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Sheesh. A little less backswing on the ban hammer strikes there, guys! Big Grin
(May 20, 2018 at 9:00 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: Sheesh. A little less backswing on the ban hammer strikes there, guys! Big Grin

I think I may have identified a potential threat.
Dying to live, living to die.
Always best to play it safe! Some users are literally bastards! Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hey, some of us are literally bastards...like Jon Snow....except I'm not hawt and couldn't beat your grandma in a sword fight, wait I would definitely use negotiating and diplomatic skills on grandmas. I don't want it getting around that a grandma gave me scars or hacked off a finger...what were we talking about, anyway?
(May 20, 2018 at 10:20 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: Hey, some of us are literally bastards...like Jon Snow....except I'm not hawt and couldn't beat your grandma in a sword fight, wait I would definitely use negotiating and diplomatic skills on grandmas. I don't want it getting around that a grandma gave me scars or hacked off a finger...what were we talking about, anyway?

Hey now. You're the one who said you looked like that Thorin Oakenshield. 

I'm still looking forward to seeing your hair all grown out so I can judge for myself.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member photos thread closed. Ravenshire 15 1983 November 18, 2018 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How about a "Member Announcement" area? Foxaèr 19 2125 November 1, 2017 at 10:41 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Missing drafts (threads, not PMs) Aroura 13 2077 December 2, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Missing Quick Reply Box Excited Penguin 25 4000 November 22, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Missing Post(s) athrock 9 1725 December 15, 2015 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: athrock
  I want to post about a family member anonymously hogwash 24 4010 August 7, 2015 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  New member guide robvalue 19 4324 July 13, 2015 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Odd PM from New Member Pyrrho 4 1521 June 27, 2015 at 11:30 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Can we only give one +1 rating to each member? KevinM1 20 3133 February 13, 2015 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  ABBA avatar missing. ATT ADMINS. Brian37 22 5815 December 3, 2013 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Brian37