Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello...
Hello...
Hello New Friends - I was recently invited by my friend, Judi Lynn to join the community here.  I invited Judi to experience one of the progressive Xian forums I belong to, and she has returned the invitation. I am a practicing Progressive Christian.  You will NOT hear me claim that any ancient texts are the word of any god, or that anyone is going to hell or something similar, or that anyone is living in sin. Those ideas are not part of my belief system, and I've long been labeled a heretic by family and friends.  I'm known to roam Judi's facebook putting the contextual smack down on her "Christian" friends who are irresponsible with scripture and preach hate. I look forward to learning about your experiences and hearing about how you are all thriving as atheists. Smile  Social Justice is really important to me.  It would be nice to make some new friends.  Pax! Heart
RE: Hello...
Welcome.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That's weird, "progressive" and "christian" used in the same sentence?!

Well if you're a friend of Judi's I won't be a total dick to you. Can't speak on behalf of the rest of these pricks on this forum though Wink

Welcome
Welcome, I'm glad to hear that you're not a fundamentalist. Enjoy you're time here.

Welcome
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(July 2, 2015 at 12:44 pm)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote: Welcome, I'm glad to hear that you're not a fundamentalist. Enjoy you're time here.

Welcome

I'm glad to hear I'm not a fundamentalist, too.

(July 2, 2015 at 12:43 pm)Napoléon Wrote: That's weird, "progressive" and "christian" used in the same sentence?!

Well if you're a friend of Judi's I won't be a total dick to you. Can't speak on behalf of the rest of these pricks on this forum though Wink

Welcome

I know, right? We don't belong in most Xian circles, and other a/theists are (understandably) wary.  I appreciate you only being a partial dick to me.  Tongue
Hey there, welcome! I like the sound of your version of Christianity Smile

Thanks for signing up! I look forward to chatting with you.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
So nice to see you made it! Nap, please be nice. She's one of my favorite people in the world. I only have a select few in my circle. I love this woman dearly. I really think she will be able to provide awesome conversation to this place - unlike huggies and drippy. She's a breath of fresh air Big Grin
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 2, 2015 at 12:48 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: So nice to see you made it! Nap, please be nice. She's one of my favorite people in the world. I only have a select few in my circle. I love this woman dearly. I really think she will be able to provide awesome conversation to this place - unlike huggies and drippy. She's a breath of fresh air Big Grin

Thanks, Judi! Muah!
Uh... so where's her cookie? Or is it a brownie this week? You people are seriously slacking here. Big Grin
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Hi there! Hi

Welcome to the lion's den!!
Here's your welcome cakes yo

We'll play nice if you'll play nice Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5998 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates