Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Types of love
Types of love
I don't believe in love, but this is basically a list of the different types of attractions I've felt to girls over my life.

They aren't all black and white and some do cross over and change over time.

Reliable stable dependable love (the boring sort)
Nothing is difficult with this type of love, no challenge.  The person you're with will have sex when you want, every phone call you make to them is answered even if they're busy, you don't think about seeing them again they always inquire when the next meeting will be and so on. You pretty much stay with them because you have been with them for so long and it's routine now and would be weird without them, and there are good memories and some good times.

The edge of your seat not knowing what will happen next type.
This is an obsessive sort of love, probably caused by multiple psychological reasons.  The person plays hard to get creating a perception of being better and more desirable. You might also get along very very well with the person. The person might actually be very desirable and be associated with high status things, they might have a good job, lots of money, good looks, youth, high standards of fitness. This type of love is usually fuelled by just enough communication and contact to keep you interested, with bouts of staring at your phone thinking "WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY NOT TXTING ME BACK!" inbetween.  The type of love where you want to rip your cock out and throw it at them just to have some sexual contact with them.

Severe lust
Basically this is horniness fuelled. The sex is so good that it doesn't matter if the person has an annoying personality or they're poor.

The unattainable unrealistic type.
This basically involves me seeing a girl from far away, I don't know her personality, what she looks like naked or anything about her it's just something about that person and usually something stupid that just makes me want to be with them badly.  A good looking girl in a nice car for instance, or a girl who has adapted a certain style I quite like or something. 

The nostalgic type
In this instance I did like the person I was with while I was with them but nostalgia and rose tinted memories distort how much I actually liked them.

The sympathy type
This one is hard to describe but I sometimes really really like a girl because of some imperfections she has, it might be a stupidity, bad luck, dopeyness.  I don't know if it is sympathy, maybe I can just relate to someone who has imperfections better than someone who I see as being more perfect.

I'll stay with you because I can't do better/until I can do better.
I think the human brain can delude itself into thinking it is in love, yet the reality is that if the person who believes they are in love actually had more options they would dump the person they believe they are in love with.  I think this has happened to me before and I think it pretty much happens to a lot of people.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Types of love
How can you not believe in love?
It's an emotion and it's real. ?????
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 4, 2015 at 7:16 am)ignoramus Wrote: How can you not believe in love?

Well maybe I phrased it wrong then.  It's not that I don't believe in it but I have problems with the way people talk about it and even its definition as an emotion.

Things like happy, sad, confused.  These have been understood since the dawn of time pretty much.

Love has changed, love in the biblical sense for instance means in general to care for and like someone, hence the term love thy neighbour, these days it specifically means something you only do with family or a "loved" one, wife or girlfriend.  And it varies from person to person, culture to culture, different sexes within different cultures.  For example in my local town I'd for some reason find it normal for a girl to say she loves her best friend Stacey, but if I was with a man and he said I love my best friend Gary it would be seen as strange or homosexual, yet I don't think love has always been seen as such a bold sexual emotion.

This is basically what fuels my annoyance with people who say they definitely know what love is and if you show and signs of being unsure of what love is then you haven't felt it yet.
And it's even MORE FUCKING ANNOYING when people talk to other people condescendingly about it, like saying "Oh you will know what true love is one day, maybe one day you will have experienced it like me."

Plus love is the only one where other people will tell you that you're not experiencing it.  If you tell someone you're happy they're not likely to tell you that you're not really happy.  Even if you take drugs to make you happy people might say it's a synthetic non permanent type of happiness but that person is still happy they still feel good.
But if someone loves their religious leader for example to the point where they would die for them, a member of this forum might say that's just psychological manipulation, a symptom of being brainwashed and not real love.
I've had plenty of convos where someone has asked me have I been in love, if I say I don't know they say I haven't, if I say well I did really really like a girl they will say no that's still not it.  Then if I ask them what it is they will give their own definition of vague things that they personally have felt.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

It's not that I don't believe, just not sure I understand. The term is used so loosely, I hear I love you, then hear I love this candy and then I love this book? I guess its the degrees of love.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Um. I love you all? c:
EG: How can I not truly love you honey? My dick is hard, isn't it!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
How about Misery Love ?

example:

you volunteer for a hospice organization, the first thing they tell you in training is to NOT become emotionally attached to the clients, and you go "DUH!!" and then after you've worked with a client for a while and he dies and you're totally miserable for months/years afterward and you know it ISN'T because you fell in love with him because that would have been STUPID and then you're still depressed and miserable, and you're still sure it's not because you're in love with him because you NEVER shared one moment of joy or happiness because he was so sick for so long and it was all horrible and icky and just a fucking nightmare because he was super nice and so was his family and you still can't believe you're in love with him even if he was really handsome and despite his illness he was especially concerned about other people in the hospice program and didn't want anyone making a fuss over him and you're still fucking miserable because you won't fucking admit you fell in love with . . .

Brian.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Well I was about to admonish paul-pablo for leaving out a few varieties of love.  Included among these would have been:

Man/woman married love - arguably covered by his first category.

Gay marriage love -   ^ ditto ^

Worship of Vorlon's Asshole love - arguably a new category.

But after the last poignant post by Vorlon I would just feel so shallow.  Guess I'll have to deal with it.
(July 4, 2015 at 7:16 am)ignoramus Wrote: How can you not believe in love?
Damn, didn't expect that from you. No offence meant really. Just good to hear someone else connect feeling and reality. I'm done, no one flip out.[emoji15]
Wut, wut, wut .. WHAT??? How dare you question the feeling power of an atheist?! Who died and made you God's mouth piece? As penance you may put that mouth of yours to work servicing Vorlon twice a day for a week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on Courtly love (aka platonic love) Macoleco 16 1221 September 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  What is the point of multiple types of ethics? Macoleco 12 1151 October 2, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: robvalue