Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banning Crosses from Public Schools
Banning Crosses from Public Schools
I am thinking of trying to start a movement to ban crosses from the School I go to. 
So here are some of my ideas. 
1. My school bans Satanic Inferences on clothing. Obviously this is not equal to all religions and blocks free speech. So this School would have to ban the Cross also. Since this School is in Missouri though, I doubt it would turn out well alone. 
2. The Cross literally represents a Torture Device. This is another major point to make that could get it banned from my Public School that bans Satanic Inferences. 

So this would be a pretty good basis to start this off. 
Any more points to make? I know it likely won't be enforced, but it would be a nice thing to have on the records, and it would be a great point of access for the fake Satanists and the Freedom from Religion organizations to join in.
RE: Banning Crosses from Public Schools
How does other people wearing crosses affect you at all?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Nope. This would be blatantly unconstitutional.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Rather than ban crosses, work to open up expression.

There is not a problem with individual students wearing crosses because that is an expression of the individual's religion. There IS a problem with the school itself (assuming it is a public school) putting up cross symbols because that would be the government taking sides in religion which is not allowed.

You say your school bans "Satanic Inferences" on individual's clothing. If that is the case, and they are allowing other religious symbols like crosses, there is indeed a violation. They cannot take sides. They can ban all religious symbols or allow all of them but they cannot pick and choose. Point this out to school leadership and if they don't back down, contact American's United for Separation of Church and State, American Civil Liberty Union, People for the American Way or Freedom From Religion Foundation.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I think he goes to a private Christian school.

ETA: I might be thinking of the wrong kid...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 7, 2015 at 5:36 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I think he goes to a private Christian school.

Lol, wanting to ban crosses at a Christian school?

I'm sure that'll work out.

I think willingly engaging in futile acts is the definition of insanity.
He doesn't say it's a private school here. If it is, conversation over. They are not bound by Separation of Church and State because obviously, they aren't funded by or have the power of the State. They can do what they want.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Wear the cross upside down.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2089 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1765 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where do you stand on breastfeeding in public? Cod 74 7294 September 4, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Pooperintendant of Schools? Minimalist 14 1480 May 4, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 2966 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  SteelCurtain's banning Foxaèr 82 9692 April 3, 2018 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Are public schools really like this now? Foxaèr 24 2711 July 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Your Sentiments on Breast Feeding in Public Catholic_Lady 184 25425 September 22, 2015 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  Public Toilet Strategies Catholic_Lady 75 9750 July 10, 2015 at 11:54 am
Last Post: rado84
  A public announcement My imaginary friend is GOD 24 5364 March 27, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie