Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At its Core, Christianity is a Gay Religion
At its Core, Christianity is a Gay Religion
It’s been said that the closet homosexual is the first and loudest to publicly condemn homosexuality. I posit that the same is true of the Church. It is a gay religion and I’’ tell you why.

It blew my mind when I first heard of the Egyptian trinity. There are actually several sets of trinities in the Egyptian pantheon. But the one that concerns me here is the triune family, Ausar, Auset and Heru. The Greeks borrowed this and changed the names to Osiris, Isis and Horus. Then the Church liked it and got rid of the mother, replacing her with a make ghost. Now you have the perfect homosexual family: two make parents and a male child.

Another symbol important to the Church with homosexual suggestions is the cross. If you look at the stylized crosses of the ancient Church you will find among them the ankh. The ankh consists of three parts: the circle, which represents the female principle and eternity: the cross, which represents the male principle and the temporal world: thirdly, there is the union. What the Church did, they got rid of the circle, the female principle along with the union

Is it any wonder that, despite incessant persecution, homosexuals have always been drawn to the Church? In all my 25 years as a Christian, I’ve never been to a Church where the choir director was not gay. How do I know? How can I NOT know?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: At its Core, Christianity is a Gay Religion
Very good points.

Christianity is slightly off due to manipulation by man, caused by the want of neutral potential by evil and good. Evil creeps...usually. It is deep rooted but little in comparison to Good, and nothing in comparison of our potential.
I don't disagree. I don't have much to add to the idea though, so I'm just going to watch and eat popcorn if the christers show up.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(July 4, 2015 at 1:19 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: Very good points.

Christianity is slightly off due to manipulation by man, caused by the want of neutral potential by evil and good. Evil creeps...usually. It is deep rooted but little in comparison to Good, and nothing in comparison of our potential.

I'm not understanding what you're saying. Please elaborate.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(July 4, 2015 at 1:19 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: Very good points.

Christianity is all the way off due to complete creation by man.
Xtianity is more of a bullshit religion than anything else.  Literally the stupidest story ever invented.
I have to say OP I find your arguments fairly weak but I do agree with the main point. The idea of the three parts of the one is not something that originated in Egyptian religion, we can find traces elsewhere in Asia of worship of the Mother Goddess extending back into pre-historic times, centered around under various terms devotion to three figures representing three stages of life; maiden, mother and crone. Yes I know the wiccas have taken onto this, it's not something new they cooked up, they just tarted it up with some semi-femenist connections it never had before.

Just look at all the naked men in the Vatican. I don't find it coincidental at all that while much of classical literature was destroyed, all the sculptures of athletic men survived.

As for why the Church attracted so many gay men? Think about it, there were no LGBT societies for hundreds of years, where else is better to hide than in plain sight? Who is going to suspect the biggest homophobe of actually being gay himself? More than that, supposing rumors did get out, who the hell can take action against him? You piss a bishop off and he'll call the full wrath of the rest of Western Christendom eager for any reason to declare war on a weaker power to steal all their stuff. Even centuries later, if you tell your parents what the priest did to you he'll effortlessly destroy all opportunities of a career or marriage that might come up for you.

The priesthood has actually proved to be a very useful tool of defense for a few gay men over the years, one often abused unfortunately when they realized just what they could do with it.
I'm not surprised by any of the appropriation of Egyptian culture. It's common knowledge now that Christianity basically borrows and twists all it's beliefs, festivals, the God itself and even some sacriments (marriage in particular) from earlier cultures. It's not a creative religion, it's a religion built as an amalgamation of earlier ones. And then Christianity calls Paganism, which it gets its festivals from, "savage". The irony...

Increasingly I find the straighter the man is the less he's bothered. We have straight members of this forum so comfortable in their sexuality that they can have a serious discussion without thinking it makes them gay, then we have "straight-acting, masc4masc, no fems" all over Grindr.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RationalPoet........ The longer I am online after 14 years and counting, the less labels matter to me. Religion, as a human invented concept, in all of our history, worldwide, is simply a very tribal reflection of our evolutionary survival. It is inevitable to varying degrees to cause human divisions. Not even Buddhism can claim to escape this. There are different sects of Buddhism, such as Tibet, Chinese Buddhists and Japanese Buddhists, and those groups are not exactly friends.

The biggest offenders currently are the Abrahamic religions, but to say that other religions are immune to divisions would be absurd.

We have to more and more as a species foster the idea that our species ability to be cruel or compassionate is in our evolution, and not a patent owned by a religion, and not written into holy books or holy writings.

But yes, as far as the bible, it is full of verses used by humans to justify bigotry, sexism and homophobia. The Koran is not much better. And to say that the Jewish OT is free of bigotry would be absurd as well. They are all books conveying the idea that one group is better than all others.
I want to say that insecurity plays a huge part in homophobia. And insecurity is trained into followers of any religion. The more secure you are as a person, the less likely you are to give a shit what other people do.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Christianity a Pacifistic Religion? vulcanlogician 54 4146 September 20, 2018 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is Christianity responsible for anti gay bigotry? 1994Californication 35 7270 March 12, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Panatheist
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6771 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Core Message Of Christianity Isn't One Of Love Imaginos7 161 28098 August 30, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Creation "science" at its finest! Esquilax 22 7477 January 30, 2015 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  Christianity and its effect on self-worth Strider 210 23059 January 8, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is there any core feature of christianity not found in other religions Lemonvariable72 54 19154 March 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hell. Its real. Jacob(smooth) 16 5564 February 14, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  is Christianity the true religion? k2490 19 3757 January 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8491 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce