Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
life on other planets
life on other planets
A friend and I were discussing the possibility of life on other planets. He said that a dinner guest once asked his mother if aliens from other planets would go to heaven, and she replied "if they have taken Jesus Christ as their personal saviour".  

There are hundreds of Xtian websites that scoff at the idea of life on other planets. They're terrified that we aren't the only "intelligent" life in the universe. The possibility that the universe wasn't made just for humans by an all-powerful being who loves them personally and individually would destroy their entire concept of who they ARE. 

Well, bring on the aliens! I say it's a great test. If these aliens have their own version of a god who died to keep them from going to hell, . . . Xtiens! Rejoice, your churches will be packed to overflowing within the hour.           Smile
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: life on other planets
Aliens from outer-space would not be descendants of Adam so they would have no need of a savior.

There is no universe in the Bible. In fact, I find no evidence that the biblical writers had the slightest idea of any other planets. In the Bible, there's only the Earth, with the sun and the moon and the stars right here in the Earth's atmosphere. Above that is heaven.

Remember that episode of the Twilight Zone where the space aliens came and gave man a book titled "How to Serve Mankind?" While all the linguists and scientists were trying to decode what was in the book, the aliens offered to take some volunteers for a ride in their spaceship. Just when they were on board and about to close the hatch, a man ran up, "Don't go! Don't go! It's a cook book!"
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
I remember that episode lol.

Life on other planets is likely.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(July 4, 2015 at 1:19 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: If these aliens have their own version of a god

I doubt any sufficiently advanced race that would travel millions of lightyears just to visit our dimwitted species would have any need for a god.
The bible was clearly written only to us earthlings, so we don't know how he relates to other beings in the universe.
Does he watch THEM masturbate too? O_o
(July 4, 2015 at 2:29 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(July 4, 2015 at 1:19 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: If these aliens have their own version of a god

I doubt any sufficiently advanced race that would travel millions of lightyears just to visit our dimwitted species would have any need for a god.
Once they make contact with us, they might feel that need
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

The word of God can be interpreted to not only say that there are aliens but that they are the source of our knowledge, and suffering, and the reason for our evolutionary jump.
That's great pops. One question.....
Have you been watching history channel?

I believe there is a good possibility that extraterrestrial life exists. If intellegent I would like the aliens to be from bizzaro world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Other burning bush Fake Messiah 12 1587 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Josephus and other contemporaries on Jesus JairCrawford 271 33586 July 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The other problems with Noahs ark dyresand 27 4966 April 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Christian Hell vs. Other Hells? TrueChristian 17 4660 January 13, 2016 at 12:59 am
Last Post: green.joel2
  Why Christians can't respect other's opinion? rado84 83 14256 July 15, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Is there any core feature of christianity not found in other religions Lemonvariable72 54 19169 March 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible? catman 407 127233 March 9, 2014 at 4:36 am
Last Post: catman
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 12144 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  God healing the amputee and other world problems xr34p3rx 39 9800 January 10, 2014 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: xr34p3rx
  Other options Jacob(smooth) 18 4487 December 29, 2013 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)