Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't ever question. Just believe.
Don't ever question. Just believe.
From my favourite christian site. Young lad asks the reasonable question...

" The Bible says that people will only believe the Gospel if God opens up their heart to it. If God has not opened up their heart to the Gospel, how can they be punished for unbelief? It's not a choice. Someone told me that God has opened up everyone's heart, but if that were the case, then more than half of the world, in fact, almost the entire world, would be Christians, because almost the entire world has heard the Gospel. If unbelievers don't believe because their heart is hardened, and their heart is hardened because God didn't open up their heart, how can they be blamed for unbelief? Something doesn't add up."

The pick of the replies...

" Juk, you're falling into the devils trap of always questioning the word of God about "seeming" contradictions. You need to stop otherwise you're just going to reject it all at some point. Have faith in God and ask Him to reveal. If you keep coming to men, you're going to get men's answers. God wrote the word of God on our hearts and everyone knows what's right and wrong - we have the DNA from the that tree. Even 60 Minutes did an episode about babies knowing right and wrong!"

It's the devil my boy, don't question just believe.

Scary shit to see it played out in real time.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/thread...-up.43119/
RE: Don't ever question. Just believe.
Hmm our heart is a device that pumps blood.

Hmm how God has not reveal himself to me yet? Well, I have never ask for him/her to do so. I rather worship a female hottie god tho!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
They sez: don't question

I be like: why not?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hmm I can understand not questioning bowl movement, but this needs better answers!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
(July 5, 2015 at 12:34 pm)Alex K Wrote: They sez: don't question

I be like: why not?

Because it says so, right there, in a bronze age comic book that took over 1,000 years and 40 authors with books left out. What possibly in the world would be suspect about that? Geeze, you'd be the idiot who would poo poo the idea of boys flying around on brooms despite Harry Potter books and movies existing.
Well 60 minutes said babies know right from wrong, so obviously the logical conclusion is that a supreme supernatural being has etched a moral code directly into your heart. Believe this people, do not fall into the devils trap, if the bible seems like its contradicting itself just have faith that it's not.
Supposedly the most important decision in your life, and this guy say don't question. Just believe. That doesn't really work, unless you think that all christians regardless of denomination are going to heaven. Which I can tell you now isn't the opinion of all christians. people have been killed over different interpretations of that book.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Guess we start recycling babies if they make the wrong choice?
(July 5, 2015 at 12:31 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote: From my favourite christian site. Young lad asks the reasonable question...

" The Bible says that people will only believe the Gospel if God opens up their heart to it. If God has not opened up their heart to the Gospel, how can they be punished for unbelief? It's not a choice. Someone told me that God has opened up everyone's heart, but if that were the case, then more than half of the world, in fact, almost the entire world, would be Christians, because almost the entire world has heard the Gospel. If unbelievers don't believe because their heart is hardened, and their heart is hardened because God didn't open up their heart, how can they be blamed for unbelief? Something doesn't add up."

The pick of the replies...

" Juk, you're falling into the devils trap of always questioning the word of God about "seeming" contradictions. You need to stop otherwise you're just going to reject it all at some point. Have faith in God and ask Him to reveal. If you keep coming to men, you're going to get men's answers. God wrote the word of God on our hearts and everyone knows what's right and wrong - we have the DNA from the that tree. Even 60 Minutes did an episode about babies knowing right and wrong!"

It's the devil my boy, don't question just believe.

Scary shit to see it played out in real time.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/thread...-up.43119/

Sadly, there will always be Christians who give bad answers to good questions, but that does not mean that there are no good answers. A better answer to the question would be the following:

Quote:Consider this saying from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount:

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened (Matthew 7.7-8).

By “seeking,” Jesus obviously didn’t mean a merely intellectual inquiry but a genuine search of the soul, a spiritual quest in humility and with a contrite heart. This teaching comports well with the universal salvific will of God (I Timothy 2.3-4; II Peter 3.9).

Of course, God’s providence in each person’s life plays itself out over time. God’s existence may not be evident to someone at certain stages of his life but may become evident when and through what means God chooses. If a person is truly seeking God, he will persist in his search and will eventually find God.

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/is-gods-e...z3f2IXMpik
(July 5, 2015 at 12:44 pm)Randy Carson Wrote: Sadly, there will always be Christians who give bad answers to good questions..

I didn't notice anyone on that forum saying this was bad advice. Must be incredibly uplifting to be the one with the 'good answers' eh Randy?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4832 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  I don't believe in Christianity primarily because of the brain SerenelyBlue 111 12712 September 20, 2016 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  I just don't get it... Ravenshire 9 1380 March 5, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Nope
  I DON'T BELIEVE IN MY MOM'S STUPID FUCKING RELIGION XenobladeShulk 102 16341 February 2, 2015 at 6:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  How would you regard good evidence for a God you don't now believe in? Whateverist 32 8689 January 11, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Christianity: Don't Reason, Just Obey JesusHChrist 99 20306 September 10, 2014 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Pope Francis says that you don't have to believe in God to go to heaven Ryantology 35 12108 September 16, 2013 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Punch people who don't believe like you! Creed of Heresy 20 5138 December 14, 2012 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Only evil people don't believe in Christ per Bible. Mystic 57 21777 September 19, 2012 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: catfish
  Christians don't believe there's objective morality. greneknight 82 34781 September 14, 2012 at 10:37 am
Last Post: greneknight