Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why doesn't your deity protect my free will?
why doesn't your deity protect my free will?
Let's suppose I was kidnapped. That would mean I can't go to the place of worship, I may not be able to read the religious text and I have free will taken away from me. The 'lesser of two evils' is to prevent me from being kidnapped. The deity demonstrates its existence, I have my free will preserved and a person(s) is prevented from committing a sin. It's a win for everyone involved.

RE: why doesn't your deity protect my free will?
Gawd don't give ya mor'na can handle. Gawds will, 911 911 muslims are destroyin 'murica.

Jus' gotta call on jeebus.

...made up god, poorly defined rules that don't hold up to 3rd grade level logic.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
That's cuz gawd likes to watch evil shit happen, eating popcorn and jacking off to it. That free will bull is just a cover up
(July 6, 2015 at 2:35 am)Neimenovic Wrote: That's cuz gawd likes to watch evil shit happen, eating popcorn and jacking off to it. That free will bull is just a cover up

Pretty much.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(July 6, 2015 at 2:13 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Let's suppose I was kidnapped. That would mean I can't go to the place of worship, I may not be able to read the religious text and I have free will taken away from me. The 'lesser of two evils' is to prevent me from being kidnapped. The deity demonstrates its existence, I have my free will preserved  and a person(s) is prevented from committing a sin. It's a win for everyone involved.
Well, theoretically you have gone your whole life without being kidnapped so by your own criteria some God has been protecting you.  Have you been showing your devotion to some deity?
My free will has been hugely impaired by two chronic incurable medical conditions. Thanks god, you fucker! I'm a nice guy, too. Not to you, because you're imaginary. But I try really hard to be nice to real things. I really do. So fuck you, you imaginary cunt. I used to be really happy at one point, and super active. Now I can't do shit.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Man, if they how you talk to imaginary people, I'd hate to see you get in a fight with a real person! hehe

Also, using the OP's logic.
I've been eating garlic my whole life, so it's true, it DOES scare vampires away!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Haha Big Grin

I'd never be so rude to my worst enemy. I reserve such undiluted vitriol for those who either don't exist or should really be able to look after their own feelings Wink It's good to vent sometimes.

I do scream at the TV/newspaper pretty bad sometimes, but I'd never speak that way to the person's face (or even by email).

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah. God the two faced free will whore from cuntsville.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Fucking the holy spirit up the asshole with a trusty rusty chainsaw with its mother watching? c:

No wait, it was free will
(July 7, 2015 at 1:57 am)robvalue Wrote: My free will has been hugely impaired by two chronic incurable medical conditions. Thanks god, you fucker! I'm a nice guy, too. Not to you, because you're imaginary. But I try really hard to be nice to real things. I really do. So fuck you, you imaginary cunt. I used to be really happy at one point, and super active. Now I can't do shit.

Wait. I'm not done with you yet.

I'm meant to be still pretty much in my prime, but I get seriously out performed by my 70 year old father in law. You bastard! That shit's not funny. OK maybe a little. But I'm still gonna kick your ass when I get up there you snivelling cock bag.

Clearly, I can handle the reality that these are just facts of life Angel I'd hate to have to try and rationalise how God still lives me while giving it to me so hard in the eye socket.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My god doesn't owe you an explaination! T.J. 22 2163 November 29, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Prophecy doesn't make sense zwanzig 26 2509 March 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4833 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11171 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3616 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? Spixri 33 9329 April 7, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why doesn't religion ever get a product recall? ignoramus 17 2886 February 22, 2017 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  11 reasons god doesn't exist. Braveheart 43 72590 November 30, 2016 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Cyrinistar
  Job posting: Deity drfuzzy 19 3838 September 5, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Blind boy thanks he favourite deity for making him blind ReptilianPeon 12 3377 August 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: Longhorn