Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How rational are you really? Take the test
How rational are you really? Take the test
So I'm procrastinating at work as per and I end up finding this article and subsequently a link to this "rationality test". 

Article:
http://www.refinery29.com/2015/07/90077/...ss&ref=yfp

Test:
http://programs.clearerthinking.org/how_...ZpuDflVhBf

It's pretty cool, it has a variety of "reasoning styles" that it tries to categorize you in and also gives you a "rationality score".

I got: 

Skeptic and 47.37%

Quote:Skeptics are just that — skeptical. Not only do they question new information that they receive from others, but they also tend to treat their own thoughts and ideas with some suspicion. They tend to focus this critical perspective on the present, allowing their views to develop as they come across more information. Approximately 5% of the populace are Skeptics.

It also says I'm:
Reflective
Subjective
Carefree
Skeptical (again, for some reason)

It does also go into more detail about how you answered the questions, what your strengths and weaknesses are. It's also supposed to be based on peer-reviewed bullshit so it isn't total twaddle, but as with any of these things I'd take it with a pinch of salt. If you've got a spare 10-15 mins it's worth a go, seemed pretty accurate for me about most things.

Feel free to share your results.
RE: How rational are you really? Take the test
Executive and 73.68%.

Other styles listed: reflective, subjective, prepared, skeptical.

These are always fun, although I never quite figure out how to apply the findings.
Interesting, thanks!

I'm also a sceptic according to this with rating 68.42%.

Reflective, subjective, carefree, sceptical.

Same as you Nap!

This sounds reasonable, but carefree is a surprise. Maybe I'm more carefree than I think I am, it's something I'm actively working on at the moment because I don't often feel that way.

Sometimes I find myself being irrational and I'm aware I'm being irrational but I carry on regardless.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The questions about money I didn't really get, "how much would you pay for this". They really didn't make any sense to me at all, they were pretty vague and without knowing what I'm supposed to put my money towards, especially in yank currency, it was a little difficult to not give seemingly random answers.
55.26% and sceptic.

Like you the questions about would I pay for certain services didn't make sense to me.

One said would I pay for a machine to do a task for me at the weekend, it depends what my plans were and who they were with for the weekend and how urgently I wanted to do the task which would vary from one weekend to the next.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 6, 2015 at 9:10 am)paulpablo Wrote: 55.26% and sceptic.

Like you the questions about would I pay for certain services didn't make sense to me.

One said would I pay for a machine to do a task for me at the weekend, it depends what my plans were and who they were with for the weekend and how urgently I wanted to do the task which would vary from one weekend to the next.

I think it's trying to gauge how you value your time or some other such shit. For one of my weaknesses it said I didn't have a good grasp on how to value time, not sure if that's related. If it is, it's kind of stupid.

The rest of the test seems pretty good though.
71.05% and Executive. Notes of interest - they got my big-picture thinking exactly right (for example I find thinking of individual nations rather than the planet as a whole quite tiresome and petty) and my built-in bullshit detector down too Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
That was fun, I agree that the money questions were weird, it totally depends on how much money you have at the time, and there were too many similar questions in that vein. Didn't really understand the real job vs career in music question either, I would've answered pursue music as a hobby until realistically possible to take up full time if that was an option but I don't think it was

I scored 71.05%, with Detective reasoning style - Scored highest in quantitative reasoning and evidence evaluation

Detectives are tough cookies. They're often caught up entirely in their immediate pursuits, which they attack with vigor and determination. Detectives are highly adept at seeing through nonsense, whether it be verbal, mathematical, or psychological. They are excellent problem-solvers and dogged seekers of the truth. Approximately 5% of the populace are Detectives.

Are there any potential outcomes that say, "you have no reasoning capability at all and are stupid"? Or is it all just flattery
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
(July 6, 2015 at 9:26 am)Saxmoof Wrote: Are there any potential outcomes that say, "you have no reasoning capability at all and are stupid"? Or is it all just flattery

That's why I recommend theists don't take this test.
That's me: http://programs.clearerthinking.org/how_...ZpuDflVhBf
Let me know if the link works.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Take a guess onlinebiker 17 1255 November 25, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How do you take your coffee? vulcanlogician 37 2427 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How do you take your tea? BrokenQuill92 29 1232 November 23, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1885 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How to not take critical feedback personally? copiedusername 9 1028 December 20, 2019 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: mordant
  You can tell it' s REALLY cold out when - onlinebiker 13 1343 January 31, 2019 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Brian37 7 1106 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  Transitioning test runs... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1124 November 2, 2018 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Cats Will Not Take This Lying Down Minimalist 81 9313 September 1, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  My Favorite Personality Test So Far Edwardo Piet 23 4215 June 2, 2018 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Shell B